E3 2012: Probably The Best E3 Video Of All Time

Posted by James Newton

Prepare yourself

Nintendo's E3 showing this year gave plenty of stage time to some less familiar faces: Katsuya Eguchi and Scott Moffitt both spoke at length about Wii U and 3DS respectively, while president Satoru Iwata — traditionally the conference mainstay — mostly stayed behind the scenes to tweet. This video is probably his finest ever work, though.

If ever you've wanted to see one of the most powerful men in gaming talk to a toy and give the camera a thumbs-up (and that's a pretty specific desire) you'll like this video a lot.

James

James said:

I'm going to use that image in all my Iwata-related news posts from now on. It's just amazing.

Nanoline

Nanoline said:

After this massively hyped and unfortunately rather disappointing E3, Iwata will be talking to that figure a lot; he won't have anyone else to talk to who'll tell him what a great job he's doing...

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

That's a great segment of this years E3. It somehow sums up what this years presentation was. I enjoy the leaders at Nintendo, their public appearances are amusing at times.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Nothing could beat "I feel just like a purple Pikmin." But that picture of Iwata is even better. :D

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Non-Specific Action Figure needs a game, a game with Captain Rainbow and Viewtiful Joe as a new Video Game Avengers Squad :D

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

Next year's E3 will probably be even more incredible. If the WiiU takes off as well as Nintendo hopes, then next year we will probably see more developers making games for the WiiU. Perhaps even more great ports!

Chris720

Chris720 said:

I'm wondering though... we've seen NSAF for most of E3... I just wonder if they might be turning him into an IP? Or was it simply an advertising plan?

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

@ChunkyDroid
Didn't Miyamoto say they were working on a new original Nintendo franchise? Maybe that's it!
Strangely enough I like the sound of that game :

Ralph

Ralph said:

Wait so does Ubisoft or Nintendo own the rights to Non-Specific-Action-Figure? Whoever it is they are going to be rich.

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

Err, didn't Thomas already make a post about this? It's only a few posts down :p

Not that it's not funny enough to warrant two posts, but still!

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Wow, you had to post this twice?

Still, I agree. This little video was incredibly charming and made me like NSAF even more. He's so cool that even Reggie talked smack about him at the 3DS conference because he knew the action figure overshadowed all of his attempts to make his own memes, but NSAF got the last laugh. I've even tried my best to make a NSAF mii. Here's hoping the little action figure has a future beyond E3.

I love that picture of Iwata giving the thumbs up too. For someone who never spoke in a conference this E3, he got to be in a pre-E3 video that might've defined Nintendo's experience this year.

Rargon

Rargon said:

It'd be pretty funny if Nintendo's Newest IP was actually the "Non-Specific Action Figure" :D

Monsti

Monsti said:

I want an old school action- platformer with NSAF as the main character!

TheChosen

TheChosen said:

Honestly, I enjoyed the pre-show the most since it was what I wanted: New WiiU information. So yeah, Iwata, American Simon Pegg (thats what Im calling him) and Non-specific Action figure did the best job.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@NintyFan As human beings at the end of an exceptionally busy E3 week, little things like this happen. Besides, if one video needs to be seen more than once, it's this one.

the_shpydar

the_shpydar said:

Now that Non-Specific Action Figure has become so popular, he is in fact no longer "non-specific". Discuss. :)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

If Nintendo thinks Nintendo Land will help them sell the Wii U and get the core back, they are clearly wrong.

The way to do it is obviously using NSAF! It came out of nowhere, and look at all the attention he got! It was the new thing that even beat Pikmin 3, from the look of things.

I am sure lots of Nintendo employees have never heard such a positive praise from their boss. I do love that Nintendo has a sense of humour. The Pikmin 3 intro, Reggie's "my body was ready" and now this.

lonlon-milker

lonlon-milker said:

The guy in the original video with non specific action figure was actually the "WOW nice graphics" person from the legend of Zelda commercial bu older apperantly

Knux

Knux said:

Non-Specific Action Figure totally needs to be in the next Smash Bros. game. :D

rayquaza_master

rayquaza_master said:

Where do you get one of those? I hope nintendo makes a skylanders - type game with NSAF as the main character!

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Nintendo did win the "Cutest Gaming Executives" award at E3, no doubt. That picture with the Pikmin is absolutely adorable.

lanabanana

lanabanana said:

I think it would be pretty neat if they bundled up a Non-Specific Action Figure with the Wii U . XD :D

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Wow, so much NSAF love. We all WISH we could be him. I mean, most named people wish they could stand next to the N's big 3, and NSAF just walks right in and bam, get's more airtime than any of them and JUST appeared in our lives. If I don't see NSAF again, I'm going to be very, VERY angry at Nintendo... or I'll just create my own Mii of him in the meantime :)