E3 2012: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon to Launch This Christmas

Posted by Damien McFerran

Multiple mansions await Mario's bro

Nintendo has confirmed that Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - which has a new subtitle in the form of Dark Moon - will be putting the willies up 3DS owners this Christmas.

A sequel to the GameCube launch title Luigi's Mansion, Dark Moon features more ghost-busting action, but this time Luigi has more than one building to clear. Also confirmed are new ghost types and the promise that things will be even creepier thanks to the console's unique 3D display.

So that's New Super Mario Bros 2 and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon confirmed for 3DS in 2012 - good to see video gaming's most famous siblings supporting Nintendo's best-selling portable.

Punny

Punny said:

I like the subtitle, "Dark Moon." It gives Luigi a certain edge that his bro. can't quite match. The new footage looks great, also. Is it me, or does the dog ghost resemble Zero from The Nightmare Before Christmas?

Phle

Phle said:

This looks really good, I'm definitely getting it. But Christmas is so far away >:,O

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I thought October (Halloween) would've been a fitting launch, but apparently Nintendo is still taking time developing the game. Hopefully it'll release in the Christmas season instead of Christmas Day, but for now I'm glad that Luigi's Mansion 2 and the 3DS in general got a little attention. Dark Moon sounds like a good sub-title too. It makes it sound a little darker.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

This was probably the only title in whole failfest that looked even somewhat interesting, sad that it was a game we already knew about. The trailer shown was way better than the one shown in last E3.

pntjr

pntjr said:

The new title is better. It'd be better if it was released in October.
@SkywardLink98 allot of the new 3DS titles will also be sold on the eShop for the same price.

CrispyGoomba

CrispyGoomba said:

I'll be first to say it...Where the hell is Animal Crossing? Hopefully tomorrow will clear that up, or later today

Mulder1617

Mulder1617 said:

Why? Why Nintendo why?? First they tease us last E3 with footage of this game that got me really amped for it and I was sitting here anticipating a release date of hopefully like July or August and ....Holidays?? Good grief. And, they didn't even mention Animal Crossing at all or a release date for that. :(

Emaan

Emaan said:

I liked the name Luigi's Mansion 2 better to be honest, but I'm still super excited for this game! Still can't believe Luigi's Mansion, my first Gamecube game, and first home system game, is actually getting a sequel! Dream come true! :D