E3 2012: LEGO City Undercover Exposed

Posted by James Newton

Mystery solved

Last year's LEGO City Stories is now LEGO City Undercover, and judging from the first gameplay trailer below it could be quite special.

The open world genre might be the preserve of the more adult titles these days, but LEGO City Undercover keeps things distinctly family-friendly by having you solve crimes instead of committing them. You can scan areas with the Wii U GamePad to spot hidden criminals before giving chase in vehicles or on foot to apprehend them.

Anyway, we think it looks great, but what do you think?

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'm not a fan of LEGO, but I thought that this actually looks pretty cool.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I like how the trailer shows the Wii U controller in action. Thats the first time I have seen it in use. As for the game looks like GTA gone Lego.

ueI

ueI said:

Are the crimes themselves interesting to solve? That will make or brake the game for me.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Looks pretty amusing, nice to see an original title come out under the Lego series

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

It can't be good when a Lego game steals the show, but I think it did. It actually looked really good and rather humorous :D Its good because while the Lego games are great they do all play the same.This looks like it is trying a lot of new things.Is this a WiiU exclusive?

Sgt_Ludby

Sgt_Ludby said:

This one's high on my list! I was a huge LEGO fan as a kid and I think I might really enjoy this.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Not interested, but for what it is it does look pretty solid.I'm still baffled that Nintendo thought it was a better idea to showcase Sing, Just Dance 4 and 'this' over their new Wario game....maybe they didn't want to show off another mini game collection since Nintendo Land already had that Count Chocula(ohhh yaaa)-covered. B-)

C-195

C-195 said:

Wonderful! This reminds me of the Lego Island games from my childhood, so it's day one buy for me.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I haven't posted here yet? This was the best game they showed, IMO. It looked really fun, with the platforming, Ninja moves, and different environments. Looked hilarious as well. I'll be getting the 3DS version, though, assuming it's the same game for the most part.

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

From the trailer this game looks very interesting. I'm glad to see LEGO games try something new. They really did get all-sameish from the ones I have played.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I'm tired of the Lego games, but the changes made to this game make me wanna give it a shot. Love that there is voices now too.

hillbill26

hillbill26 said:

I personally like the LEGO video games, so i like this game. it looks cool with the new features not in the previous ones (although i could've been ok with the original "city stories" title). i look forward to this game.

Knux

Knux said:

Looks great, but I'll probably get the 3DS version if it's the same game.

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

I actually like this game and i'm not a fan of lego games... actually looks kool...