E3 2012: 3DS Software Showcase Trailer Round-Up

Posted by James Newton

Luigi, Mario and more

If you missed last night's 3DS software showcase you didn't miss a whole lot, to be honest, but we've collated the trailers and bundled them all up into this very post all the same.

Each game page has also been updated with new screenshots, artwork and official details, so click through to see what's new.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Scribblenauts Unlimited

This Mario trailer was released before the showcase but we thought you might like to see it again anyway.

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Contrary

Contrary said:

The trailer worries me. Only possible partner that I see is a little crown guy and he probably just guides you (Like Fi in Zelda). What happened to the Chain Chomp partner we saw in earlier screenshots of the game?

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

That was back in 2010. From the looks of the recent look of 2011 and 2012, looks like there are no partners :/

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

It was rather disappointing. The showcase consisted mostly of recycled games from last year. Plus, they didn't even mention Fire Emblem until the conference was over. Where was the big surprise? I wanted to see Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, a new Metroid,or a new Zelda, not the same Mario games we already know about. At least we still have the Tokyo Game Show in September and Nintendo Direct to look forward to.

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

I think most people were expecting too much from that showcase. I was satisfied with it, but i can't say the same for the main E3 presentation

Shworange

Shworange said:

Scott Moffit was a very nervous, awkward speaker. I'm watching my poor forgotten Animal Crossing 3DS trailer longingly... Sigh...

NImH

NImH said:

Although we'd seen most of the trailer before, I am very much digging new Castlevania. It looks like a natural progression in the series, not a gimmicky rehashing of the same old.
Count me in.

3dsisthebest

3dsisthebest said:

they expected too much because most people don´t know the meaning of showcase. on a showcase there won´t be any new game . and the reason why we didn´t saw any layton, ac3d, MH or phoenix wright is because real japanese like the first two are likely to present at a special ND for europe/america and the last two are from capcom who already said that they wouldn´t be present on a nintendo system on this years E3 and will probably be announced on capcoms summer jam at the end of june. so just wait a bit and the next ND is probably around the next corner.

Stix_Remix

Stix_Remix said:

I think it's funny that Mario is collecting a million coins. Shouldn't that be Wario's job?

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

No Animal Crossing, I only get on now since I missed E3 for today but saw the previous. NINTENDO WHY!?

Doma

Doma said:

OK, from this PM trailer it seems like partners/attack commands are being replaced by an abundance of item stickers. Are the battles in this gonna be entirely dependant on these, or am i missing something here?

Castlevania looks decent, but this trailer really sucks imo, try showing us more than a few seconds of gameplay.

NSMB2 looks like a desperate cash-in. We have a silly coin gimmick, recycled power-ups, dorky music (a series staple) and DS engine visuals. Nice.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

The Castlevania one has got me excited. Although I dont like the idea that they are completely rebooting the series but still looks like a good game.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

@Jumbif I was thinking the other way around. I lost my faith in Super Paper Mario, however NSMB never left me disappointed, especially if it's going to involve co-op.

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

@KodyWB-98 #6
It seems that Nintendo created the 3DS in order to bring back all of the games on the 64 and GC that we loved but now we can take anywhere with us. And since they were on the GC or 64, we won't think too much about the graphics.

3dsisthebest

3dsisthebest said:

it is incredible. one of my friends send a requst at nintendo.de about the release date of ac3d and the answer was wait till the next nintendo direct. you know what this means?!

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I hope Luigi will get to use his Poltergust 3000 in the next SSB like Mario could use flood.

supercommando440

supercommando440 said:

An EA dude told me a new Madden is coming to 3DS. Can ANYONE else confirm this? This EA dude was on the PS3 Madden team so I'm not so sure he was the most reliable source. I think Madden 3DS plays pretty good BUT it lacked a lot of features, particularly, STAT tracking. I hope EA comes through. I have NO interest in FIFA or PES on 3DS. I wish TECMO would do their football game on 3DS, and hoping to see more SPORTS on 3DS.