Bomb Monkey Gets Explosive New Site

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

North American release may be this month

Renegade Kid has already brought us the highly-rated Mutant Mudds on the 3DS eShop recently, with European gamers finally getting the chance to download it this week. A little while ago the developer announced a new title hot-on-the-heels of its retro platformer, with puzzler Bomb Monkey bringing an entirely different experience. The developer isn't hanging around with this one, either, with co-founder Jool Watsham confirming on Twitter that the title may reach North America later this month.

Ahead of the release there's a new web page dedicated to the game, featuring some pretty images and a quote from someone you may know here at Nintendo Life. It's worth checking out the official web page in all of its pixel-art glory, but you can read our E3 first impressions of Bomb Monkey and check out the trailer right here, as well.

[via twitter.com, renegadekid.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

Looks pretty cool.
I'll probably get it when it comes out here I'd say.

Hopefully it doesn't take forever to make it over to the PAL regions like Mutant Mudds. D:

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

The music is good at least that one track. So do you always control all modes with the 3DS on it's side? Is single mode 3D? It looks good I still wonder if I will like it as much as I'd like to will have to see longer gameplay.

luminalace

luminalace said:

Would have preferred another platformer but RK seem like they are really talented! Like BenAV said, hopefully it doesn't take ages to hit PAL regions!

BenAV

BenAV said:

@TheHermit From the look of it the game is always played on its side, and that means that there's no 3D.
I could always be wrong though.

baba_944

baba_944 said:

how do you play Bomb monkey? I will pick this up since I love Mutant Mudds. Beat it 9 weeks ago.

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

Does anyone know if there's been any news of this having online multiplayer, or is it local only?

47drift

47drift said:

Heartwarming to finally see a book style 3DS game. They were some of my favorites on the DS.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

@47drift bookstyle 3DS game is kind of an oxymoron though, seeing as turning it sideways turns off the 3d... but yeah crosswords ds was fun and mario and luigi 3 had a very creative use of that as well

Neram

Neram said:

I'm starting to really like Renegade Kid, so far I haven't been disappointed by any of their games... Could be because I don't have any expectations of them though. Never played Dementium but enjoyed Moon and Mutant Mudds.