Zen Studios Reveals CastleStorm for "Nintendo Digital Platforms"

Posted by James Newton

Including eShop

3DS owners, it's a good job you like castles. Yesterday we had Castlevania: Lords of Shadow — Mirror of Fate confirmed and today Zen Studios — yes, the pinball guys — announced CastleStorm for "Nintendo digital platforms".

The tower defence/strategy hybrid was officially confirmed for the 3DS eShop but Zen has said it's in development for "literally every digital platform", so we're putting bets on a Wii U digital release later this year. Big bets.

As for the game itself, it's a side-on take on tower defence with a dash of physics-based play in there too. The trailer below explains more.

Zen Studios will be at E3 next week so we should see more.

[via blog.zenstudios.com]

Related Games

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

Wow, that looks really good. I'm always looking to sink my teeth into a good tower defense, and that art style and the addition of physics have me pretty stoked!

rubrsoul161

rubrsoul161 said:

i played a game like this on ebaumsworld a while ago....... but anyway, that made me think of great ways to use the wii u!! You and a buddy could battle each other and come up with your defenses on the tablet controller, while the battles would pan out on the tv screen. WOW... Wii U is gonna be awesome!!

Samholy

Samholy said:

castle defense on eshop ? im a castle defense maniac. bring it on !!!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I was hoping this was about the marvel tables or dlc but I like Zen so much ill give this a try!

EvilLink

EvilLink said:

This actually looks quite decent. Most e-shop games are just okay at best.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I like the Tak and the Power of Juju PS2 graphics style. Seems like a nice amalgam of Angry Birds and Swords & Soldiers. I see this really fun as a 2 player game, which is what it looks like.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Looks promising, and hopefully the 3DS version isnt a badly ported version, and multiplayer is in the game. It looks like Angry Birds crossed with a side on tower defence - and it seems like it could work well.

Portista

Portista said:

THIS LOOKS GREAT!!! I love the music, and I will definitely get it if it comes out on the eShop! :D

ninjanna

ninjanna said:

The game looks like loads of fun! But... it was the music that sold it to me! Such a short and epic piece! It was sending chills down my spine! (^_^) I will have to hunt down the soundtrack...

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

At first looks this kind of reminded me of Angry Birds but it seems the game has a lot more depth and gameplay to it. Looks very fun.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

So, is this game level based or is it like a city-builder type thing? The part "Build your castle" got me a little confused.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Zen Pinball 3D was awesome and this looks great so pretty sure I'll be getting it.
3DS eShop version for me, unless the Wii U has a far superior version that I can't avoid getting instead.
I wish it was exclusive to the 3DS, I hate having to choose what to buy things on. :P

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

Wow! This actually looks fun! Being a person with a strong dislike for Angry Birds ,this looks like a far better alternative. More strategy, more difficulty, more... flying sheep? Awesome.

ejamer

ejamer said:

Looks like a good game. Am I a bad person to say that I'd rather get Zen Pinball DLC and the Marvel tables on 3DS first?

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

While the graphical style doesn't look too intriguing the gameplay seems quite good. A deeper kind of Swords & Soldiers? Color me interested.

JimLad

JimLad said:

You had me until the words 'tower defence', then my intrigue went soft.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Anyone remember that old game Crossbows & Catapults? Not a videogame, but with real physical pieces you set up on the floor and send discs flinging back and forth, trying to knock down your buddy's castle? Reminds me of that. And one of my favorite iOS games, Army of Darkness Defense. Looks more accessible than Swords & Swoldiers, too... I'm curious.