We'll Learn New Monster Hunter 4 Details Next Month

Posted by James Newton

Get ready for a tail spin

Last year's revelation of 3DS exclusive Monster Hunter 4 was a big moment, but since then we haven't heard much more about Capcom's inevitably monstrous hit. Well, that'll end at the end of June, when the publisher releases more details at a Japanese event.

Capcom Summer Jam takes place in Tokyo from 30th June to 1st July and will reveal new information about MH4 and other Capcom titles. Before you get your hopes up, don't expect to hear anything about a potential Western release for MH4 or Monster Hunter 3 G — this is a Japanese event so will focus on Japanese news.

Here's the concept trailer from last year.

[via andriasang.com]

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

I hope some of my favourite monsters are in this one. Would love it if they brought back a few of the earlier monsters that weren't in 3G or Portable 3rd.

I'm hoping for mainly positive comments in this thread. Lets all be hopeful and optimistic okay?

Also, lets hope for more concrete details. Other than the tech demo we didn't get any info about this game yet. It still only has a tentative name as well.

sebman30

sebman30 said:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
.............That is all

OPTIMISM!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

(also im gonna cry if it doesnt come to Europe).

stipey

stipey said:

Did they really announce that last year? :( My life is disappearing way too fast.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Cool.
I expect Monster Hunter 4 to make it over here unlike 3 G, so I'll be interested to see more about it.

siconlol

siconlol said:

First I found out toonami has come back last Sunday now I find out this? HAVE I BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK?!?!?

Wolfcoyote

Wolfcoyote said:

No offense, but shouldn't this news have been saved until the devs announce tentative plans to release the game outside of Japan? Us readers may be getting our hopes up for nothing by viewing this piece.

Nothing against NintendoLife, but this has been something I've been thinking about lately. Why can't journalists leave Japanese announcements for Japan until confirmed plans for overseas releases come to fruition?

McHaggis

McHaggis said:

@Wolfcoyote: the fact that the game is in development is still news. If you can't take a little disappointment now and then, you need to find a more appropriate hobby. Besides, your post assumes that nobody in Japan reads this news blog, and that nobody outside Japan plans on importing the game.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@McHaggis Thank you. Japanese resident here. And yes, when I was living in North America during college, I imported games, and I had friends that did too. There are people who will get this game even if it doesn't make it into an international release (which I'm 99% sure it will, whereas 3G I was pretty sure it wouldn't). It is not an eternal block for people if it is not released internationally. If you want it badly enough, there is a way. Its not a reason to get upset, unlike cancelling a game, as with Megaman Legends3 (ロックマンDASH3).

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Looking forward to this, even if I do have to end up importing it :(

Either way, interested to see what they reveal about the game.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Let's hope Capcom and Nintendo do the right thing and release MH4 worldwideeee!!! RAAAAAAAAWRRRR!!!

AVahne

AVahne said:

Eh? Andriasang's article states that the Monster Hunter stage event that will reveal new info on MH4 will be held THIS WEEKEND (with Resident Evil 6 having an event, too) as part of the weekend event, while the main event that has info on their other games and playable demos of some of their games will be held at the end of next month. I was thinking that this weekend event was something specifically for the Japanese so they would get new info on these two very big games first before E3 lands next week.

James

James said:

@Koto It's all rather confusing. Andriasang says the Capcom Summer Jam site was updated with a Monster Hunter stage, and Capcom Summer Jam is on Saturday 30th June and Sunday 1st July. Either way I will keep my eyes peeled for details this weekend and of course update the site accordingly :)

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I don't have an opinion on this one way or the other, but I predict a Vita version will be announced along side more details on the 3DS version. Vita's lack of success in Japan is tied to a lack of Monster Hunter games and I'm sure Sony has compelled Capcom to produce a Vita version to stem the tide.

Wolfcoyote

Wolfcoyote said:

@McHaggis Well, thank you very much for showing me that in return for a legitimate question, I get slapped in the face. Perhaps you're right, and maybe this site isn't for me.

See ya.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Wolfcoyote: No offense, but i wouldn't call that a '[slap] in the face'; you asked a question and received an honest answer. The reason we post gaming news regardless of region is because it's interesting and (most of) our readership wants to hear about these things. Sorry if it bothers you :3

TimboBaggins

TimboBaggins said:

This looks pretty amazing. I really hope they bring it stateside at some point. Skip 3 G, but give us 4 at least.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@Geonjaha To be fair, it really hasn't been announced for anywhere. There's really no details about the game yet. But yes, that tech demo looked fun.