Project X Zone Details Sure to Push Buttons

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

More characters and attack styles

As Project X Zone gets closer to its Japanese release, the hype-machine is building up nicely with regular reveals and teasers. First up are combat details: Support Attacks will allow fellow team members within roughly eight spaces to perform a one time follow-up attack to inflict extra damage. Meanwhile, if the main unit and the support unit strike at the same time a Cross Hit will be enabled, freezing the enemy and making combos easier to perform.

While the combat is taking shape, more characters have also been revealed; check out the list below.

Sakura Wars: Erica and Gemini
Mugen Frontier Super Robot Wars: Nanbu Kaguya and Haken
Dynamite Deka: Bruno
Darkstalkers: Morrigan
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Valkyrie no Bouken: Valkyrie

As a final teaser for you, we discovered this trailer when checking the title's website: crazy moves and combos come as standard.

Are these details and footage getting you excited about this game?

[via andriasang.com]

Jamouse

Jamouse said:

Apparently this is being developed by Monolith Soft. That just makes me even more excited...

Kirk

Kirk said:

Well the combat looks pretty cool.

What about the actual RPG part of the game...

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

The combat looks like a dream come true. Insta-buy but I too am wondering about the RPG element about. Main focus is on the combat. Probably a combat heavy and frequnet 3PG

Kinioka

Kinioka said:

@Zenarium- Is that the only thing you can say? At least elaborate.

I hope it get's released here...with Selvaria Bles in it! :-*

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Want so bad. The cast list just keeps getting better, and the moves more impressive. I'd expect nothing less from Banpresto.

@zenarium You've said the same thing for the past 3 articles about this. Is that really all you're ever gonna say on the topic?

hydeks

hydeks said:

hard to make a opinion this game as of yet, but I doubt it will come to NA.

Xilef

Xilef said:

@Jamouse Realy? Didn't some company name Banpresto make this?

Edit: Just checked, appearently Monolith is workin on this. Might explain why it is a 3DS exclusive, since i doubt Nintendo would allow on of their first-party studios to work on a game on another system. :P

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

Chun Li and Morrigan :). I would buy this game in a heartbeat if this game was released outside of Japan, and I don't even really like RPG games. Except for a few.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

That's right you better have Morrigan and Chun-Li if you put in those losers Dimitri, Ryu and Ken!

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

This looks cool and I'm slightly interested, but I seriously have never even heard of most of those games! What the heck is Valkyrie No Bouken?

zenarium

zenarium said:

@James When you have the experience I have in the world of videogames you know when you see a bad game. This game is good for a 6 to10 year old children.

James, I could explain you why this game is a bad game but I think you have some experience in the world of videogames, enough to distinguiss games that are worth 30-50 bucks from games that are worth 1 cent.

Everytime I see a bad game on this site I say: bad,bad game. And I will keep doing it.

Kinioka

Kinioka said:

@Zenarium - What a despicable attitude. Just don't take your opinion as a fact, and seeing your comment it really shows your so-called "experience in the world of videogames". Characters from niche genres and games that many gamers don't even know who or where are they from, adding the fact that we are talking about a trpg ... it's really a game for a 6 to 10 year kid. What an arrogant and obnoxious guy.

Shock_Tart

Shock_Tart said:

in my honest opinion here i dont see this as a bad game. but i dont think its one i would go buy. its pretty much another side scrolling fighter game. i was pretty excited when i saw that three different game companies were working on a game together and i was really hoping it wasnt a fighter. i was hoping they would put their creative minds together and come up with a completely new game instead of mashing their big name characters into one game and seeing which one would win in a fight. the only thing that really surprises me about this game is that namco didnt jam pac man or astaroth into this one.

Pogocoop

Pogocoop said:

Soooo, Anyone else want to strangle this "zenarium" Guy?

Anyways, back on subject, I seriously hope this gets a western release... I have been trying not to get to excited about it, In the likely event we don't see it over here... But it just looks so good....

TromboneGamer

TromboneGamer said:

If this doesn't come to America I'll be highly disappointed. I suppose a Jump Stars copyright situation is to be expected anyway....

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Shock_Tart It's a SRPG with action elements. They're not showing the Grid based combat, because nobody actually cares about that stuff. Notice they're not fighting eachother.

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

@Hyperstar96 - Ummm, Megaman and Zero were in the trailer - at about the 1:00 mark.

@zenarium - Obviously your "experience in the world of videogames" consists of watching trailers and 'imagining' the actual gameplay parts. Hey, I just watched the Black Ops 2 trailer the other day, and I have come to the conclusion that it's a platformer for 6 to 10 year olds!