Now You Can 'Like' Wii U on Facebook

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

You know you want to

It's definitely Wii U hype season. Perhaps the name is spilling from your lips when you don't intend it to, or you spend time fantasising about the games that we'll see and hear about in the next ten days. For Nintendo gamers, Wii U may be on the brain.

For those that want to follow the console directly, there's now an official Facebook page, which promises to bring you updates from E3. Reggie Fils-Aime has even recorded a message for fans, showing off a red 3DS, a gorgeous Link and Epona ornament and also the rather awesome Twitter name, #Regginator.

So if you're excited about Wii U then you may want to check it out. You can also Like Nintendo Life on Facebook, because you do like us, right?

[via facebook.com]

nba4life

nba4life said:

this is amazing! ive always liked the name wii u this e3 will be the best ever!:)

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I just liked the Wii U so I can get in on those E3 sneak peeks. It's always handy to have another way to connect to more information.

SonyFACE

SonyFACE said:

Liked already. Anyone find it interesting that the cover photo features circle pads?

mrkuribo

mrkuribo said:

Won't be liking this since I don't have a FB-account but I'll definitely follow the conference live on their website.

tinman

tinman said:

I don't like (or use) Facebook and Twitter. Do whatever you like on there, but I refuse to take notice of it.

toonlinkuser

toonlinkuser said:

Does anyone else notice that has a D-pad in the middle, a camera at the bottom, and circle pads at the sides? I think this might confirm that circle pads are really being used.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

I'm so ambivalent about Wii U right now. I don't like the name but I can get over it. I just feel like Nintendo is about to sell us a console roughly on par or slightly better than Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3, which will be obsolete when the next-generations of those consoles launch in the next year or so. Most developers ran out of patience with the inferior Wii technology long ago, and if they abandon Wii U for being unable to keep up with the rest of the eighth generation, this could be Nintendo's last console.

We'll see! I'm just pessimistic until I know more :P

hydeks

hydeks said:

yay, Wii U is more powerful than 360 and PS3, the third party ppl who say otherwise just don't like Nintendo and have no problem bashing them at every turn.

I can't wait for e3 to see more wii u, its probably gonna be there best system yet!

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Huh... the circles in the corners of their current "vault" cover image look strangely similar to the circle pads seen on the first version of the controller.

Untitled
Left: FB cover image, Right: Wii U

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

I would like it, but I worry that facebook whiners will ruin the experience for me.:( (They did on the wii page thanks to stupid operation rainfall)

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@LittleGhost42 We'll be keeping an eye on it of course, and we'll keep you posted on the site.

@Blaketoberfest This video has a strange setting where it's only visible on its link or when it's embedded directly from there, I don't think it would appear on a subscription because of that.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Maybe if I cared about Facebook. Nice to see some other people still lack FB accounts.

I will probably give a "like" to the Wii U the way it counts. With my wallet! I just want to see a bunch of great games announced at E3.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

When I made my Facebook account, it was under an alias and just for talking about BIT.TRIP. Now it has morphed into an actual Facebook account, which makes it awkward to have to explain to friends in real life that I'm under an alias.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

FINALLY. If you don't like something on facebook then it doesn't really count. Be the first of your friends to like my comment on facebook!

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

Wii U guys stop asking me to U-se Facebook? I Wii-ll never get one unless I have to. Wii non-Facebookians have to stick together... Anyways, I am hyped over the Wii U and I just hope I can save up enough money to buy at launch with the rest of U.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

For a change, he doesn't have a shiny chin. His body was ready this time.

Just liked it... can't wait for E3. :D HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

rjejr

rjejr said:

I liked it. I hate Timeline though. My FB page still isn't using it somehow but once it gets switched over I may have to delete my account. I do like the Wii U name though, it just fits. NES to SNES added just 1 letter, and "U" rhymes with "2" so Wii U is like Wii 2, and most importantly I really think the whole "u" you framework w/ the non-so-portable screen for Netflix and VC games. And if they can get a Skype like service working on it, even better. They could call it "Wii Me U". And "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" could play in the background of all the calls.

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

Anyone else kinda creeped out by the way Reggie said "hey" and refused to move his hands at all during the video...

R00bot

R00bot said:

I am guilty as charged to ALL the things in the 1st paragraph. This is going to be a big E3.