Nintendo Confirms E3 2012 Press Conference Date & Time

Posted by James Newton

It's coming

Nintendo will host its E3 press conference on Tuesday 5th June.

It'll be our first look at Nintendo's Wii U games including Pikmin 3 and Super Mario Bros., plus new games for 3DS.

It all kicks off at 9am Pacific Daylight Time, which we've handily converted into these time zones for you:

9am — Pacific
12 midday — Eastern
5pm — UK
6pm — Central European Time
2am Wednesday — Canberra, Australia

To see what time it is in your region, use this world clock converter.

We'll be bringing you live coverage as it happens so make sure you're glued to your internet-enabled devices on 5th June. That's in 34 days.

Aviator

Aviator said:

2am! No thank you.

I'd rather read NintendoLife and their excellent coverage in the morning.

Shugo

Shugo said:

Noon for me. I have no idea what my obligations will be for that day as of this time, but I'll be sure to cancel/postpone as many of them as possible. I have a bro who plans on watching it with me; he loves Nintendo so much that these E3 conferences often make him emotional, so this should be fun.

JimLad

JimLad said:

5pm excelllent.
Gone are the days when I used to have to stay up until 4am on GameSpot.

KrazyBean

KrazyBean said:

5pm, sweet.

I wonder if Microsoft will also reveal their new console...well, we'll see.

Kifa

Kifa said:

Well, that's 6pm for me, excellent timing! As for new consoles from other parties - well, Microsoft kept X360 secret virtually until last moment, so it is somewhat possible, but unlikely (X360 is still very capable). Sony surely won't announce anything, knowing how they like to show their systems early and then think about how they are gonna fit the innards into the mockup they've shown.

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

11am, just an hour before my class starts at noon. I can't remember, they don't usually take more than an hour do they? DO THEY!?!?

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

My friend stays home that day every year and watches it, he will just tell me what happens! (I wouldnt be home then anyway)

booker_steve

booker_steve said:

The queen was crowned exactly 60 years ago specifically so that I could have a day off to watch Reggie do his thing. What a girl.

Emaan

Emaan said:

12 PM for me, I'll also be in school. I'm watching it when I get home I guess.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

11am for me. Does anyone know if they'll be doing a Nintendo Direct broadcast of the whole thing?

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Now one of the nicer reminders in my digital calendar. And since it's starting at 6pm i shouldn't have to make any concessions to watch it. :)

Rekiotsu

Rekiotsu said:

7pm in the beginning of summer vacation, what a nice way to start summer vacation.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

That's Noon on my vacation I believe (It was last year too) so if it weren't for the crappy internet there I could watch it.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

12 PM sounds just right to me like usual for Nintendo. I just hope that they announce a Mario & Luigi 4 for 3DS or Wii U as one of their announcements.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Noon is just great for me. I got out of college to start summer vacation, so that date is safe. I'll be watching the live stream through Nintendo's or some other website's.

hydeks

hydeks said:

gotta love living on the eastern side of canada!!! NOON IT IS!!! :) Can't wait! It was the same time last year I believe, wasn't it?

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Noon for me going ti be the third year in a row where I watch it along with the rest of e3.

RR529

RR529 said:

11:00 A.M. For me. Hopefully I have the time to watch it.

Watched it the past two years, very exciting event.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Just to be clear on something I didn't make sense of earlier when I referred to me saying, I just hope that they announce a Mario & Luigi 4 for 3DS or Wii U. I just mean't that by as the way they're doing a Paper Mario game for the 3DS , I don't see the harm of Nintendo or AlphaDream making one for either the same portable. Or maybe it can be done for the Wii U.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

errr i wonder which of those times will be on for canada because im not very good with time zone information here :P

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Its great that the 5th June is bank holiday this year. That means I get a day off college for all the e3 news.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

I need to find a way to get in there....
I have an idea. I'll just impersonate as Newton, they have to let me in.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

I would have liked more than just an hour. Feels like Nintendos show is gonna be the biggest of the bunch this year. But I guess one hour will be enough as long as they skip the "our 3DS system is selling great" 'show sales numbers picture' stuff.

Hopefully it'll be an hour to remember.

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

Curse you School!
If I didn't need to maintain my perfect attendance I would TOTALLY...contemplate skipping for more than a few minutes.

BeatOli

BeatOli said:

5pm. Perfect! I can enjoy dinner whilst seeing the latest announcements. Pikmin 3 will look wonderful I'm sure.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Aww, darnit, it's gonna start right when I'm almost done doing my final exam of the year.

Well, looks like another mad rush home.

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

Noon! Awesome! This year I WILL watch it live. Now I just need to set up the E3 party I've been wanting to do. 1:30 of reaction guy reenactments and the rest of the day of games.

janettocrossing

janettocrossing said:

11 a.m for me ! lol :D They've got some explaining to do on Flipnote Memo and on why they haven't released Luigi's Mansion 2 when it was announced last year on E3 . That's like the only game they announced on E3 2011 that wasn't released. Hell, they even made a new Mario game (Mario Tennis) and probably forgot about Luigi's Mansion 2. So I guess Nintendo doesn't love Luigi as much as Mario. :( Anyway, I'm looking forward to some great games! :) XD

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

It would be nice to see flipnote memo at e3. They should release it shortly after because its been a year since it was announced.

James

James said:

Everyone who asked if we'll be covering it — yes, of course! We love doing E3. Corbie's down to attend the press conference and Ant, Tom, Mike and I will all be contributing news, features, live content and media throughout the show. It's going to be awesome :)

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

7pm, that´s been official E3 time for me for 6 years now.
... unless they started at a different time some year.

I want to know when Luigi´s Mansion 2 is going to be released... and those other games too.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

12pm, right in the middle of my workday. Well, if it's a slow day I know what I'll be watching...