Natsume Teases Announcement of 'Celebration' Game

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

What could it be?

While some publishers or developers like to tease with vague images or high-production trailers, others do it the old-fashioned way — with hints to puzzle our gaming minds. Natsume, publisher of recent titles such as Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Towns and Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove, along with a significant number of titles on Nintendo systems, used the weekend to release six hints of a new game set to be announced this week.

Hint #1: The announcement contains a "celebration".
Hint #2: The announcement will relate to a series...
Hint #3: The announcement will relate to a series...in which there are at least 3 previous entries...
Hint #4: The announcement will relate to a series...in which there are at least 3 previous entries...that Natsume published in North America.
Hint #5: C____m_______ __ K___
Hint #6: C_s__m_z____n i_ Ki__

Our thoughts drift towards a new entry in the Harvest Moon or River King series for a North American release, but it's a fairly tough set of hints. There's also no guarantee that this is a title destined for a Nintendo system — Natsume has published on Sony platforms — but the big N has had a lot of love from the company. What do you think it could be?

[via twitter.com, facebook.com]

edhe

edhe said:

I think I've discovered the riddle:

"Customization is King"

You can wear hats and waistcoats in Harvest Moon now.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I've never seen a company give this many hints for a new release yet still be so difficult to figure out what the game is.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

Hmmmm, I'm going to guess River King. It's no secret that there will be new HM and RF games. They've already released new entries in Japan or are going to soon. But we haven't seen any River King games since the ho-hum DS release years ago. I'm hoping they make one that's interesting but doesn't take aeons to catch your first fish (like in River King 2).

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

I think edhe got it. The new Harvest Moon 3DS game, Land of Origin, is being touted as the most customizable version of Harvest Moon ever. My guess is an NOA release date will be announced at E3.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

If they rereleased Harvest Moon GB (VC), Harvest Moon 64 or A Wonderful Life for the 3DS I would die of awesome.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Don't these guys only make two game for the most part. Its either harvest moo. Or rune factory.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

@Sony_70: "Harvest Moon" and "Rune Factory" are part of the same series (which is why Rune Factory is known as "a Fantasy Harvest Moon").
Their games are usually Harvest Moon or River King, but they also make/localize other games.

James

James said:

I expect it'll be Harvest Moon: First Earth — in Japan Marvelous AQL is releasing a commemorative artbook with pictures from the series' history, so this is (probably) definitely the game. Book would be nice too, please.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Sabrina, Leader of the Saffron City Gym, is making a video game which celebrates Psychic-type Pokemon?! Sweet! :D

...oh, you mean Natsume the game company. My bad. Anyway, I'm sure it would most likely be a Harvest Moon game, possibly set in the world of the River King series. It kinda makes me want to play my hardly-used, dusty copy of Harvest Moon on my Wii's VC. :)

James

James said:

"We're very excited to be announcing Harvest Moon: A New Beginning for the Nintendo 3DS! HM: ANB will be making its debut during E3, June 5th to 7th, where first screens and game play details will be revealed."