Mario Bros. Battle Marathon to Raise Money for Charity

Posted by James Newton

Bro-off

Mario marathons are nothing new, but this weekend sees an oft-overlooked entry in the franchise take centre stage — and all for charity.

The Bro-Off puts Mario Bros. front and centre, with four world class players battling simultaneously to set a new world record.

It all kicks off tomorrow at 12 midday Eastern (9am Pacific, 5pm UK, 6pm CET) and will be streamed online through Gaming Worldwide. The event will raise money for the American Cancer Society, with gaming items and memorabilia on offer for particularly generous donors.

[via gamingworldwide.org]

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Before they were super, they were just Mario Bros. I wish like hell I could be in that marathon. I LOVE Mario Bros.

RR529

RR529 said:

I love playing this on my ambassador copy of Yoshi's Island. Heck, I play it more than Yoshi's Island itself, lol.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

I loved playing this in SMB3. Sometimes me and my brother wouldn't play the levels, we'd just keep going into the little minigames (which most of time was just Mario Bros).

Also, they actually still have an arcade cabinet of this at in a local bar here.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

That game was awesome! I've burned plenty of time playing it on the GBA Marios. In fact, it would be the perfect game to put on the 3DS VC, or even get a new portable remake. Those old arcade classics don't get enough credit. Even now, they're extremely addicting and fun to play.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Thanks for the heads up NL :) Too bad it's watching 4 people play single player Mario Bros. rather than 2 player battles :( Oh well. Still be an interesting watch, though I'll have to stay up to 2am to see it.

JimLad

JimLad said:

This is a game they should update. For the eShop or something.
Make it four player, hell... make it 8 player online (with bigger levels).