E.X. Troopers Trailer Released

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Big guns and jet packs included

Just yesterday we told you about a Lost Planet spin off called EX Troopers that was confirmed for 3DS. We're already learning more about the game, including the fact that it's actually called E.X. Troopers, and that when Capcom teased an anime style, it wasn't kidding.

The E.X. Troopers official web site has been launched which includes information, in Japanese of course, on characters and items, as well as a trailer. The trailer shows off the graphics style and also the 'school' setting which your character occupies. There's a jet-pack, of sorts, various weapons and some snazzy mech-robots involved; while this is probably PS3 footage, we'd suggest that 3DS is capable of these kind of visuals, though we shouldn't assume anything.

The trailer is below and gives a good flavour of what this title is all about: would you be interested in a Western release?

[via capcom.co.jp, andriasang.com]

Chobi

Chobi said:

E.X Troopers trailer looks completely awesome but i really want to see the 3DS game-play footage. I would totally be up for a state side release. I'm not really a Lost Planet fan but the spin-off looks much better then the original games.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

looks bad for a ps3 game
looks amazing for a 3ds game

artstyle and music are fantastic!
bring up the western release !

Big_Al1

Big_Al1 said:

I'm on board, I love the aesthetic. I just hope it plays better than average so I can justify the impulse buy.

Then again, I hope I 'm wrong and it rocks my socks off.

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

Looks cool, but until I saw the Arkids, it looked nothing like even a spin off of Lost Planet.

Samholy

Samholy said:

@6ch6ris6
totally agree with you ! the ps3 is capable of way beyond that, but if its on 3ds, then its great !
geez, i thought i wouldnt be hyped for another 3ds games after heroes of ruins...
until smash brothers at least.

ill keep it on my radar!

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

Not for me afterall. Don't like these type of anime, cartoony looking games. I'll wait for a real FPS or TPS hopefully for the holidays. COD 3D anyone? :)

Volmun

Volmun said:

This looks Amazing Im guessing the game-play will be smiler to Monster hunter X Phantsy Star sort of game play rely hoping this comes out to UK-EU

rjejr

rjejr said:

Maybe as a $15 PSN game but I can't picture that selling on PS3 retail.
It kind of reminded me of Spectrobes on both the Wii and DS. That's not a good thing.

I haven't played the Lost Planet games but I did play 1 or 2 demos and I don't see the connection. Looks more like a ZOE spinoff.

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

This is right up my alley. I'm such a sucker for all this over-the-top anime crap. I'll be checking out the 3DS and PS3 versions together!

BlueBana

BlueBana said:

'while this is probably PS3 footage, we'd suggest that 3DS is capable of these kind of visuals, though we shouldn't assume anything.'

This is a Nintendo 3DS footage. The 3DS is the lead platform for EX Troopers.

onlyaman

onlyaman said:

@ 6ch6ris6, I totally agree. The PS3 can do way better, but this would look great on the 3DS. There is a LOT of stuff popping out of the screen in those videos, so maybeee...

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

On second thought, it looks like it might be similar to the Phantasy star online/portable games so maybe its not for me then.

youngkc19

youngkc19 said:

this looks amazing. i would difinately buy if it came to the NA.(please release overseas!!!!) i wanna play this for 3DS.

vegeta044

vegeta044 said:

wow, this looks cool I have never heard of the main series but this looks fun I will be preordering if it is released in NA

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

That was pretty weird, but I saw a space ship and a giant mech, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to buy it now. :P

@rjejr What in the world reminds you of Spectrobes?

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Echoing what @6ch6ris6 said, these graphics look rather weak for a PS3 game. But then, they look pretty phenomenal for a 3DS game.

mamp

mamp said:

I think I need to see more, that trailer didn't really impress me didnt look bad but it didnt look good either.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Looks interesting! But has this anything to do with Lost planet? Because I remember it to look much more western!!

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

Backgrounds look a little bland, but I love the character designs, colour me interested.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Lost Planet is not Gundam, it's not evangelion, it's not Zone of the Enders. There are a lot of bad choices shown in this trailer imo. Overall I'm not happy with this.

The 3D jumps from panel to panel are interesting though.

This must be Capcoms way of getting revenge on Lost Planet creator Keiji Inafune for all the things he's said about Capcom and the Japanese gaming industry as a whole.

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

I hope you can customize your main character--I'd hate to battle it out in frozen tundras wearing a light jacket and sunglasses. Also his hair is... pink.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Yeah,...pink hair...sigh, Japan...it's not funny anymore! What's wrong with natural colours?

Notice also that in ground combat you never see the hero in a VS, "Vital Suit", (Lost Planet talk for mech-suit).

capitalism

capitalism said:

I've always wanted a Lost Planet game on a Nintendo console or handheld so I'm all for this coming stateside. Looks awesome and Capcom bring Lost Planet 3 to Wii U!!!!!

Tate24

Tate24 said:

looks great :) i have feeling though that the game on the 3DS will be side scroller :/

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

From the picture i thought this is going to be abysmal but the trailer was kinda intriguing. Looking forward to it.