Add These Dates and Times to Your E3 Schedule

Posted by James Newton

Straight from the horse's mouth

You might think your E3 experience starts and ends with Nintendo's press conference on 5th June? Not so, with two more dates and times to add to your diary.

As well as streaming the press conference itself, Nintendo will also offer two exclusive videos at http://e3.nintendo.com. Here's the full rundown, in order.

Tuesday 5th June

Press Conference

Tuesday 5th June @ 9am Pacific / 12 midday Eastern / 5pm UK / 6pm Central European Time / Wednesday 6th June, 2am Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Developer discussion with Wii U hardware producer Katsuya Eguchi

Last year we heard from Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto, but this year we'll hear from the console's producer, Katsuya Eguchi, whom you may know from his work on the Animal Crossing and Wii Sports series.

Tuesday 5th June @ 11:30 pm Pacific / Wednesday 6th June 2:30am Eastern / 7:30am UK / 8:30am Central European / 4:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Wednesday 6th June

Software Showcase

This is likely to be a tour of the Nintendo booth, as the showfloor closes to visitors at 6pm.

Wednesday 6th June @ 6pm Pacific / 9pm Eastern / Thursday 7th June, 2am UK / 3am Central European / 11am Australian Eastern Standard Time.

E3 starts in just two weeks. Don't miss it.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Looks like Katsuya Eguchi also was designing for SMB3, SMW & Yoshi's Story and directing Star Fox and Wave Race 64. If he talked about his own progression this could be even more interesting.

Aviator

Aviator said:

Why do you use Canberra time James? Nobody lives in Canberra.

Also, as much as these times are much better than the 2am E3 conference, will still catch up on it all with the excellent coverage here on NintendoLife.

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

Can't wait for this! I've never actually watched e3 before so this will be my first time!

MAB

MAB said:

Melbourne is my city, yep the best city in the land of OZ :) like Aviator I will be keeping up 2 date with NL so make me proud Ja New.

James

James said:

@Zephren Correct. 9am PDT = midday Eastern.

You guys will all be on here keeping me company, right? We have some very cool stuff planned.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

@James You want us to be here on NintendoLife during E3? Dude, I wouldn't have imagined it any other way.

I can't wait to see the Wii U's final product. I also can't wait to see what the competition is dishing out. Can't wait for the games that are going to be revealed... E3 is going to be incredible.

Squirtodile

Squirtodile said:

I recorded the Spike showing of it. Jeez i just can't wait to get release dates and trailers...games like Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and LM2 have barely got any attention...if we dont get release dates then....

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

@James
I have honestly never ever heard of Canberra.
Sydney and Melbourne.. yes.

Are you from Australia?
Australian WiiU logo > n!!M

James

James said:

Updated article with time of press conference, so it's all here.

@kyuubikid123 I really appreciate that! Was getting worried everyone would be busy watching it off-site and not actually coming here to talk about it. Hope that's not the case!

@3dbrains Canberra is the capital of Australia.

Australians — what's a better city for me to use to represent time zones?

Aviator

Aviator said:

You can just use AEST, (Australian Eastern Standard Time). When it isn't daylight savings you get Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Tasmania all in one. Then people in Central and Western Australia can easily subtract the time difference.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I've already told work I'll be off for the 6th & 7th of June, I'll be keeping my eyes glued to the computer the whole time :P Can't wait to see the (hopefully) final form of Wii-U & games, it's gonna be awesome :D

Emaan

Emaan said:

I'm still going to be watching it on TV, but I'll be on Nintendolife also of course! :p

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Wont be watching a live stream because of my internet, but I'll be here on the dot to get the latest from the you guys via text. You guys still do that right? Also I'm in Australia at the moment and I'm central time. I'll figure out the time though, so I'm ok.

James

James said:

@Applejacklove Yes, we'll be doing a live text of the conference as well as uploading new screens, videos and announcements as news articles as we get them. It's going to be a great show :)

RE: Australian time — duly noted! Appended time sheet coming soon.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

@James Mmm... Choclate flapjacks are great energy inducing food. I'll add that to my grocery list. Though I may just have a packet of Tim Tams. Those things are good. Thanks for the tip.

Savino

Savino said:

"Straight from the horse´s month!"

Please, explain for this brazilian fella, where the heck did you take this saying?
I know for sure what it means, but where did it came from?
Rofl here reading this!!!

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

@James. Of course I will be here. I'm here all day while I'm at work anyway! (I work 9am to 5:30 PM eastern time).
I just wish the day would get here already

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Metroid Primed, & ready to keep my NLife friends company, that Tuesday, & Wednesday! 2 weeks in counting! Hope I have some Andy Cap's hot Fries, or Milky Ways on hand, that day. Very interested in seeing the WU.

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

I'll have one tab streaming the presentation via the Official site, and another pegged on NintendoLife to enhance my experience. Can't wait.

famestephy09

famestephy09 said:

Im so confused...Can someone answer these Questions for me. Okay so Im new to this whole E3 thing and I've never seen it before, So can I watch it on TV? Or the computer? And if on TV what Channel? And with the time zones Im lost i live in New York so what time would it be on? And what were the 3 dates to watch it? And is E3 just news about the wii U or the 3DS or as im hopeing both?
*Thanks in advance to whoever can answer all these Questions :]

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

If I wasn't working, I'd be at this site watching it with everyone else. James, I'm counting on you to get everything so I can read up on it as soon as I get home.

James

James said:

Hey @famestephy09, allow me to help!

You can watch it on TV on either Spike or MTV 2. You can also watch it live online via http://e3.nintendo.com or Nintendo's official Facebook page.

You're in New York so that's Eastern time — for you, the press conference will start at 12 midday on Tuesday 5th June.

E3 will be lots of news about Wii U but there'll be plenty of 3DS games and announcements made too. Should be fun!

@theword777 I would expect so!

rjejr

rjejr said:

Canberra is the capital of Australia? I think that's the first I've ever heard the name. Maybe it can get destroyed if there is a Godzilla Unleashed sequel?

If you guys are going to live stream the actual presentation than I will no doubt be here. Then afterwards I'll watch it with my kids on the Nintendo Channel on the big screen tv. Kids in NY have school until June 22.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Stop! Stop! I... I can't take it anymore! This next two weeks is going to be torture enough without everyone talking about it all the time!!! XD

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@famestephy09 The show is not just Nintendo, but other co.s(companies) as well. E3 stands for "Electronic Entertainment Expo". E3 is generally a huge event for the game industry. At E3, lots of hardware, game, & game console development studios show off their wares that are coming over the course of the next year, or 2 years. It's become quite a big thing to the industry of gaming. Also, (I) never seen you (here) before, so welcome to NintendoLife! :)

janettocrossing

janettocrossing said:

Lol, the E3 presentation from last year is still on Nintendo Channel on the Wii. =P
I can't wait for E3 2012 !!!! :D