Square Enix Pegs Heroes of Ruin for 26th June

Posted by James Newton

Casts level 2 Intrigue

3DS's online action RPG Heroes of Ruin is due to land on 26th June, Square Enix has revealed.

The title was originally promised for 'early' 2012 but has now seemingly slipped to the middle of the year. Hopefully that means its ambitious online multiplayer, including voice chat and regular new content via SpotPass, will make the most of 3DS's online functions.

We played the game back in July and rather liked what we saw, as you can read in our Heroes of Ruin preview.

LOS ANGELES (April 4, 2012) – Square Enix, Inc., the publishers of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced HEROES OF RUIN™ will be available at North American retailers on June 26. Custom-built for the portable Nintendo 3DS™ system, with support for online play and a wealth of social gaming features (such as real-time chat through the Nintendo 3DS™ microphone), players will find a new experience awaits them every day.For those attending Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) East, HEROES OF RUIN will be playable at the Square Enix booth (#850).

HEROES OF RUIN challenges players to carve their own adventure, either venturing alone or joining forces with other heroes through seamless drop-in/drop-out co-op multiplayer. Players will enter an ever-changing world where danger waits around every corner. Heroes can explore and fight through wild, varied and dynamic environments, discovering new layouts and routes each time they play.

For more information about HEROES OF RUIN, join the community online at: www.HeroesOfRuin.com. HEROES OF RUIN is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.

[via uk.ds.ign.com]

CorusFace

CorusFace said:

man, i was really counting on this game to fill the spring void.... sucks it had to be delayed. better be worth it!

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

This looks really fun. I cant wait to tomb raid co-op style! Guess i'll have wait a little longer though. So that means no good retail games for this month then?

Grackler

Grackler said:

I hope this is well advertised...Kid Icarus and Resi don't seem to have hit the market they deserve, and I'd hate for this to fall off people's radar as well, looks great so far!

Mok

Mok said:

This has been on my radar for a while. End of June will be good then!

Acebobbyskill

Acebobbyskill said:

Defornately getting this game the amount of weapons and the online features of this game are amazing!! :-)

Samholy

Samholy said:

it can take its time and come in with quality.

kid icarus can have more life in my 3DS for the time beeing.

what i fear is diablo 3 coming in and heroes of ruin at the same time. you can bet they will compare, even if its not on the same consoles... anyway. my pc is old, probably never be able to ply diablo 3 anyway.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I'm glad it got pushed back. Give me more time to play xenoblade chronicles and more time with kid Icarus.

This will be the next game I get and until Luigi's mansion and paper Mario come out their isn't much more for me this year. Of course until the E3 reveals! Oh and the last story. Keeps fingers crossed for Pandora's Tower!

StreetRat

StreetRat said:

This game reminds me of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for PS2. If it's anything like that one, I'm in.

mamp

mamp said:

Finally a game with voice chat, that's what I loved about playing pokemon online. I hate that most Nintendo games fail to take advantage of this feature.

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

I'm definitely looking forward to this. Hope the push back only means that it'll be even better than planned.

BenAV

BenAV said:

That's fine by me.
Looking forward to this game but I still have plenty to play at the moment.

Dodger

Dodger said:

Kid Icarus should last me until this game comes out. I've beaten it twice already but like Pikmin (which I've beaten countless times), I can play it over and over. Really looking forward to getting this game though.