Nintendo Still Has Secret 3DS Games to Reveal

Posted by James Newton

Who knew?

Nintendo's got more 3DS games coming your way this financial year, but it's not saying what they are.

Satoru Iwata — Nintendo president, of course — told investors the company has several unannounced 3DS games on the way before we flip our calendars over to April 2013. Referring to a list of announced first-party games due in the coming months — including Paper Mario — Iwata said:

As we also have some unannounced titles to be released for this fiscal term, we are surely able to provide a fairly rich lineup of first-party software for this fiscal year.

Any line-up that includes Paper Mario and is only "fairly rich" is OK in our books.

We'll hear more about these unannounced 3DS games at E3. Who's putting money on Zelda?

[via nintendo.co.jp]

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

With the way Mario has been coming up so much lately, a 3DS Zelda (a new one I hope) would not suprise me (not a problem...those are my two favorite series anyway). I want to be suprised with F-Zero for Wii U, or a new Metroid as well.

Enzo_V

Enzo_V said:

kirby,mother,f zero,pikmin,fire emblem for na,wario 3ds,luigis mansion i love u nintendo

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

@Enzo_V

push the reply button once xd :p even with lagg but nICE PLOX zelda and metroid for 3ds D: i'm dieing to get them on 3ds!

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Monster Hunter 3G NA and EU localization????? /me calls up Edge magazine to get the skinny....

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

The caption to that picture so badly makes me want a game where you play as Iwata (mustache included) and punch mini-Marios. Maybe it could don the name of Super Mario 128?

Jamix012

Jamix012 said:

Mario Party with Online play. Please. I'd actually pick up a new Mario Party if this happened.

CapnPancakes

CapnPancakes said:

This year is already packed with Mario Tennis, Rayman Origins, Heroes of Ruin, Rhythm Thief, Kingdom Hearts, Theatrythm, New Super Mario Bros 2, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, and Luigi's Mansion 2. How much better could this year get? I cant' wait to see.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Fire Emblem, Metroid, Zelda and release dates for the ones that are announced already would be good. Oh and maybe a teaser announcement for a new Pokemon game would be awesome.

Savino

Savino said:

Nintendo, look at my avatar? Got the tip? Gooood....

Now go work on this!

BenAV

BenAV said:

Awesome.
The one thing I'm worried about though is how I'm going to pay for all these awesome 3DS games as well as a Wii U + games, and when I'm going to have time to play it all. D:
Pretty sure I get like $2000 at the start of each University semester so that'll pay for my Wii U at least I guess. :P

NTELLIGENTMAN

NTELLIGENTMAN said:

It would be great if Sega ported their GBA Arcade Gallery to the 3DS. Imagine Space Harrier and Afterburner alone in 3D.

hydeks

hydeks said:

i dont want a new zelda this fast we don't need another one. Just release Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2 and I'll be good, third party wise, I would like to see a copy of marvel vs capcom 3 for 3ds, that'll be cool

ohh, and a Donkey Kong 3D would be awesome!!!!!!!!

MAB

MAB said:

3DS F-Zero online, Shadowgate 3D classics, Mario 2 3D classics, moustached Iwata in cuckoo gaga analyst doki panic land, a truck load of VC and smash bro 3DS. My body is ready ;)

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

One thing would make me the happiest fan ever:

A Four Swords Adventures sequel (or even port!) on Wii U at launch, with full support for either using the Wii U screen or wirelessly connecting 3DS systems as controllers. Bam. Done. You're welcome.

Phle

Phle said:

I'm dreaming of a pokémon generation VI game for 3DS, but I think the chances are slim this year, especially with black and white 2 coming to DS. It would be awesome though.

King_Boo

King_Boo said:

Not a Nintendo game, but I've been kind of wanting a House of the Dead game on 3DS. Could happen.

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

I predict a bowl of stew. The world knows everyone could benefit from one, so make it happen.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

@warioswoods
Yeah, it´s time we got a new Four Swords game, WiiU controller would be perfect for that. It was great fun to play Four Swords Adventures in 2005 with 3 other players. That was 7 years ago! We need a sequel!

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

@Savino haha!! same here!

but for me, fire emblem: awakening, paper mario, luigi's mansion 2 and F-zero would be nice as well.

Bilko

Bilko said:

A 3DS specific Zelda would be fantastic, alongside a side-scrolling Metroid and the return of F-Zero. (Fingers crossed!)

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

I hop on Metroid's fan van, even if as a 3d classic Super Metroid.
Quite improbable, i know, so i'll be happy with Metroid 5.
Oh, and i want a Castlevania too.
Not that i can ask this to Nintendo, but let the word spread...

mamp

mamp said:

OBVIOUSLY Zelda's coming up. Metroid most likely will be revealed at some time in the near future. I just hope they get us with something we really weren't expecting. This is kinda off topic but I'm kinda mad that Atlus was supposed to release a game from the Persona series but they haven't announced anything! I'm burning with envy since the PSVita is getting Persona 4 the Golden which I REALLY want (because the PS2 version was awesome) but not enough to spend over $300 for it.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

All these hopes up. I'll keep it simple with Zelda 3DS and Fire Emblem: Awakening which haven't been officially announced yet for NA. As much as I'd love F-Zero re-appearing or Earthbound (believe me, I LOVE them) but I'll believe them when I see them.

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Metroid is the main thing I want, whether it be a 2D side scroller or Prime 4 or both.

F Zero, Eternal Darkness 2 (Pretty confident this will be announced, as Nintendo re-trademarked Eternal Darkness and Luigis Mansion just before Luigis Mansion 2 was announced), Big Brain Academy, Wave Race and Donkey Kong 64 3D would be nice too.

RR529

RR529 said:

I'll always take some more Zelda, so Zelda 3DS would be great. As someone earlier said, Donkey Kong Land Returns would be cool. Other than that though, I can't think of any unannounced 1st party games I'd get stoked for.

Also, they could announce some new eShop titles since Freakyforms, Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Rolling Western, and Ketzal's Corridors (all 1st party) are all released.

Although they're not referring to 3rd party games, when it comes to those, I'm hoping for a Tales of Symphonia port (just beat Abyss), Final Fantasy X 3D (in conjunction with it's HD release), and a Soulcalibur 3DS.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

WarioWare 3DS, anyone? How about Zelda or Donkey Kong? In fact, how about all the above?!

WarioWare especially needs to happen, since those games are always excellant in showing off what a Nintendo console can do. Usually one releases early in a console's lifespan, so I'm surprised there hasn't been one already, but I guess it's better late than never. There has usually been a new WarioWare every two years since 2003, so since D.I.Y. was in 2010, 2012 would be a good time for a new one.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

OOH! OOH! A game like NSMB, but the playable characters are Wario, Waluigi, and Team Rocket! (Jessie and James)
Also, I want a Nintendo eShop DIY kit, make unlimited eShop games for 40$
Also, ANY MOTHER GAME ON WII U OR 3DS!
3D CLASSICS EARTHBOUND!
:D

Royspaceghost

Royspaceghost said:

I'd actually like to see the remake of Majora's Mask, but stating a Q4 2013 release or something, hype me about it Nintendo. A localization of Mother, or one of them being released on the eshop (which I highly doubt), a Resident Evil remake for 3DS (I'm having high hopes on this one, Resident Evil 2 would be so sweetass in 3D), another Capcom fighting game port, a la Street Fighter 4, but this time , maybe Marvel vs Capcom, or Darkstalkers? Anyone?

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

I know the next Pikmin will be on Wii U, but i would LOVE one on 3DS :O
Or maybe a whole new Star Fox/Metroid/F-Zero :D

alawson1542

alawson1542 said:

F-zero, pokemon ruby and saphire remakes, I want to see pokemon games in eshop also. Smash bros. 3DS.
Majoras mask remake, fresh zelda games. I also want to see another mario game thats similar to mario sunshine. I dont think theres going to be another Mother game because the best part of it was the pixel style. It will look crappy 3D. Last and foremost I want Pikmin 3

realar

realar said:

I want a new rebirth of franchise!
Plus I also want a release date for Luigi's Mansion 2.

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

@alawson1542 Why couldn't they make another "pixel style" mother on 3DS? Mutant Mudds did it properly as i recall. And if i remember well, they were supposed to make mother 3 on N64, and the beta footage looked great!

Cloud-San-VII

Cloud-San-VII said:

Games that will be good:

• new F-Zero (3DS and/or Wii U (connectivity)
  • new Kid Icarus (Wii U)
  • new Zelda (3DS and/or Wii U)
  • new Oracle-like Zelda (3DS and/or Wii U (connectivity)
  • new Mario Kart (Wii U)
  • New Animal Crossing (Wii U)
  • new Earthbound/Mother (3DS and/or Wii U)
  • new Paper Mario (Wii U)
  • new Metroid (3DS and/or Wii U)
  • new Pokemon (3DS and/or Wii U (connectivity)
  • new Star Fox (3DS and/or Wii U (connectivity)
    You know you want them....
MetroidMasher17

MetroidMasher17 said:

Well, I obviously want a new Metroid.
A new Zelda wouldn't hurt.
Or a new Metroid, for that matter.
An F-Zero on Wii U wouldn't be a bad idea.
Neither would a new Metroid.
I really don't care if it's a 2D, 3D, or 2.5D Metroid, but give me something...ANYTHING!
Oh, and Smash Bros., of course.

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

I can't wait for release dates such as Luigi's Mansion 2 and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (probably will be released in 2013) as I wait for NSMB and Professor Layton 5 that come out in the late summer and fall months.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Thank you!!! Other than Kid Icarus: Uprising, Tekken: Prime Edition (both of which I already have), and Project X Zone, I've yet to see anything in which I have interest on 3DS's retail release schedule for the year.

@iPancakez
Mario Tennis - The number of different shots available are too confusing. I'll stick with Wii Sports Tennis and Mario Tennis 64.
Rayman Origins - If I'm ever going to get it, I'll get the Wii version.
Heroes of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts - I'm not a big fan of RPGs, and I've already got all I can handle between Xenoblade, Fire Emblem: TSS, and Pokémon White
Rhythm Thief, Theatrythm, Prof. Layton - I hate rhythm games and most puzzle games.
New Super Mario Bros 2 - I'd rather get NSMB Wii and see no reason to get both.
Animal Crossing - Boring simulator series
Paper Mario - Don't care for this series
Luigi's Mansion 2 - Watching my brother play the first game is so boring.
Lego Batman 2 - I'll get the Wii version instead.
Epic Mickey 2 3DS - I hate morality systems. Just tell me what I'm supposed to do and let me enjoy a single story and the full content of the game without making me replay the game a million times.

At least I still have Super Mario 3D Land and Ace Combat in my purchase queue from last year.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Seems much too early for a Zelda announcement unless they do the whole concept art tease again. Metroid on the other hand seems highly plausible as its been 6 years since hunters was released. No idea about starfox.
There has been no mention of a 3ds kirby yet so it could happen.
I remember Silicon Knights said they were working on their most anticipated sequel, hopefully this will be Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Revenge :P
Didn't Monolith Soft also say something about bringing one of their franchises to Wii U? Xenosaga or Baten Kaitos?
Hopefully its more than just pokemon and mario spinoff titles :)

hillbill26

hillbill26 said:

F-Zero, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Metroid. Get past Mario for a couple months or sumthing

mamp

mamp said:

@Enzo_V
Actually, a super princess peach for 3DS wouldn't be a bad idea the first game was good (too easy but good).

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

As long as Golden Sun: Dark Dawn 2, Super Smash Bros. 3D, Paper Mario 3D, and a new F-Zero game is coming then I'm super excited.

duellii

duellii said:

I'm pretty sure one of the unannounced titles will be..
"Layton-kyōju VS Gyakuten Saiban" (Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney)
:D
Since its announcement in 2010, their target date has always been 2012. I've been following Level-5--news and whatnots--and it seems that there is no delay on the release :) They even said so at the TGS 2011. There's not much news about the game though besides trailers and screenshots but still I'm really excited for it to come :) I'll be preordering as soon as its available xD

ShinyGold

ShinyGold said:

They Should Make Pokemon Crystal Remakes like They Made Heart Gold&Soul Silver They were gold and silver remakes