Nintendo America Registers Fire Emblem 3DS Domain

Posted by James Newton

And relax

So far only Nintendo Japan and Nintendo Europe have confirmed their plans for Fire Emblem Kakusei (aka Fire Emblem: Awakening), but it looks like Nintendo of America will be right behind them.

The North American arm registered the domain FireEmblemAwakening.com, which currently redirects to Nintendo.com.

The wing also registered domains for Pokédex 3D Pro and New Super Mario Bros. 2, both of which we know are coming to North America later this year.

Tactical strategy RPG fans in North America: cross your fingers.

[via dailychanges.com]

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

Maybe this means that we'll get that Fire Emblem Awakening puzzle in Puzzle Swap eventually!

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

already knew but cool:p i life in europe but great forour american friends to get their handson fire mblem too in the future!

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

one question is this the first localized fire emblem game or not? becuase as far i know most are japan only right?

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

@DeMoN-13ruce Nintendo has been localizing the series in the West ever since Fire Emblem 7 (simply titled Fire Emblem here) back in 2003. Since then, every FE game has seen a release in North America, with the exception of the second DS remake. I think it's been the same case with Europe, but I'm not 100% on that.

Jave

Jave said:

@RevolverLink Yes, Europe has gotten the exact same releases as America regarding the FE series. The only real difference is that the European releases are multi-language.

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

I know it's a pipe dream, but it would be very nice indeed if Europe and North America could get the bundle that came out in Japan. It would be an instabuy for me, since I still don't own a 3DS.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

@DeMoN-13ruce Just keep in mind that unlike in Advance Wars, one of the major hooks of Fire Emblem is that when a you lose a unit in battle, they stay lost. That archer/mage/paladin/etc. is never coming back.

Although I think this one actually has a casual mode that eliminates that particular series staple, so maybe that won't be such a turn-off for some people anymore.

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

@RevolverLink

ah well anyway it looks like fun and that also means you will be more carefull with your choices you make on the battlefield becuase you don;t want to lose your favorite/strongest units:)

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

@Luigifan141 And besides, it will be yet other puzzle that one can never complete unless they go to a Nintendo gathering of some sort because of those freaking annoying pink squares!
But anyway, I sort of figured it they would announce it for us Americans eventually. But still nice to hear this all the same.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

@Popyman @WingedFish

To be honest, I don't really like the Fire Emblem games. I'm hooked on the Puzzle Swap in the StreetPass Mii Plaza, and I know that Japan has the puzzle for this game, so it's good to know that everyone else can complete that puzzle, too.

I should've realized that I would be targeted for saying that, though! XD

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

@Luigifan141
everyone their own games huh onlything i hate if someone says call of duty's story is better then legend of zelda then i want too facepalm through my face...

AVahne

AVahne said:

YES! Thank you NoA! You haven't abandoned Fire Emblem fans after all!
Now I might forgive you for FE12. Might.

Guess I'll have to import that game at a premium price now....

Emaan

Emaan said:

Woo! Thank you Nintendo of America, I was starting to think we wouldn't get this one.

thefabfour64

thefabfour64 said:

i knew it had a great chance of coming. We haven't missed out on a non-remake since the series started coming out outside of Japan.

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

Haha! I think Nintendo heard me. First NPC Pikmin 2, now Fire Emblem Awakening. Expect FE 12 next...... (not really).

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

@Cotton #27
(cont.) Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes cough... cough... [dies]

Hylian-Hero

Hylian-Hero said:

I really really hope this comes to America. I've been psyching myself up for this by getting Disgaea 3 on my PS Vita and it's great and all, but it's nothing compared to Radiant Dawn I had for my Wii...I LOVED playing through that game!