Japan Gets Customisable Club Nintendo Polo Shirts

Posted by James Newton

Get Rover here

Want to be the best dressed gamer out there? These customisable polo shirts are just the thing.

Club Nintendo in Japan is offering the shirts to all members for the cost of 550 points. You can choose from one of eight colours and one of six embroidered icons: Donkey Kong, a Fire Flower, Rover from Animal Crossing, Mr Game & Watch using a parachute, the crest of Hyrule and Triforce and a Legend of Zelda-style life gauge.

Who'd like these shirts to come to the West?

[via club.nintendo.jp]

ville10

ville10 said:

I really want the G&W one, I wonder what the chance of finding a white one in the right size for a reasonable price on ebay is...

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

I might get one, but it'd get dirty fast I bet... and James, you forgot a tag, WTF.

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

...
...
...
Oh, sorry.
I passed out for a bit.
If only I could get my hands on those different coloured Zelda shirts... sigh

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

Seriously, I almost thought about moving to, like, the UK or Japan because I doubt it'll come to America. (sighs) nothing comes to America it seems.

ejamer

ejamer said:

America has some ok schwag, and I love getting the downloadable games each month. But these shirts are pretty swank! Here's hoping they come overseas.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

On the off chance it would actually come to America, I would have to get one....so many choices though! Zelda series is probably my favorite, but I think I may have to go with the DK polo.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

nintendo of america and europe should take note and bring these over.

also, i would like to see kirby, samus from metroid, pit from kid icarus, pikmin and starfox editions added too.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Yup, the western companies should take note of all the free stuff that fans want. They'll be out of business in no time ;)

Ron_DelVillanoAdmin

Ron_DelVillano said:

I don't actually wear this style of shirt, but I don't think I could pass up on the Zelda-style life gauge shirt.

RR529

RR529 said:

If they come to America, it'll be the Triforce one for me, well, after I get that 3DS game case (they're still out of those -_-).

MegaAdam

MegaAdam said:

I would drop all my coins on buying multiples of these.

Which reminds me, I need to go pick up that Mario T-shirt from Club N. I've just been worried about getting the wrong size.

SMW

SMW said:

@Koops3 I'm with you. I wasn't impressed with these until I made a yellow DK shirt. Thats what I want!

iphys

iphys said:

I hope we get that as our platinum reward this year! I would totally get a Zelda one if they ever offer them.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Classy. A shame we're so unworthy compared to the Japanese.

Is the value of points the same as in NA ?

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

As nice as some of these polos (and quite a few of Japan's other rewards) are, what I really wish the Western versions of Club Nintendo would get are the soundtracks.

I probably wouldn't have any CN coins left if the Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Mario Galaxy 2 OSTs had been made available

Shworange

Shworange said:

I imagine a whole Japanese kids choir wearing these and singing a Zelda tribute song. Lol

Dodger

Dodger said:

I love that triforce one. Do want.

The G&W one would be so awesome if it was larger. You can barely see it. Especially on a black polo. That really is the only one that would tempt me away from the triforce but since the design is so small, nobody could tell what it was.