Inchworm Animation Reaches Europe Next Week

Posted by James Newton

Slow motion animation

One year and a day after it launched in North America, Inchworm Animation is hitting DSiWare in Europe.

The application launches on Thursday 26th April for 800 Nintendo Points, an increase over its 500 Point price tag in North America. It allows users to create stop motion films and time lapse videos as well as traditional hand-drawn animation, and creations can be exported as Shockwave Flash or bitmap images to share with the world.

Want to know if Inchworm's worth the wait? Check out our Inchworm Animation review.

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

I don't support drastically late releases in Europe, and especially not with an increase in price. No thanks!

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping that flipnote memo would come out for the whole world on the 26th, but if Europe is getting inch worm, then the chances of memo coming out on the same day are very slim :/ next week It will officially be one year after they announced it :(

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

BTW, I heard that you canĀ“t add sounds to your Inchworm Animation. Is it possible to upload IA animations to computer for editing?

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@Gavin_Rozee I don't get your way of thinking. Isn't it better to wait ages for a game than not get it at all which is what could have happened? Although, I understand your other reason for not getting it. Its not a game I'm interested in but I think its unfair to raise the price by 300 points for our region.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

I downloaded it, but I thought it was simply too hard to use and haven't used it ever since.

Victoria

Victoria said:

FINALLY!! After all this time. I'd honestly given up on it. But no fair finally releasing here at such a higher cost and just after Colors 3DS. I'm waiting till payday to get Colors, so this one's gonna have to wait longer.
@Morpheel - Though... after what you said, I might wait a lot longer. I didn't realize that you didn't get into it?

Ren

Ren said:

It's great and I love it. It's actually a very powerful full featured animation tool, but you need to practice a lot to get used to using everything properly. It almost does too much to be used easily without a full keyboard and mouse. That said, you can do very complex animations on it if you have any patience and skill with it. Well worth it if you like drawing, get this AND colors, they're both great but the animation tool is very handy.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Id say wait for the inevitable 3DS version. I belieave they said they were really considering it.

Gretski

Gretski said:

Wow, 800 points instead of 500. I wonder what was behind that! It's still super cool though!