Hi-Ya! It's Johnny Kung Fu Trailer Number Two

Posted by James Newton

This time it's personal

eShop scrapper Johnny Kung Fu caught our attention with its Game & Watch-inspired stages, and there's a further glimpse of the old-timey presentation in this second trailer below.

UFO Interactive hasn't given a date for Johnny Kung Fu yet but when it does, we'll pass it on.

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

Still looks goo-
Sees UFO interactive
Well, it's doomed...

Hopefully it will turn out to be good.
It's got some interesting ideas.

sykotek

sykotek said:

Well, it certainly looks good.

The non-G&W style gameplay in the trailer is reminiscent of another one of their recent 3DSWare games...

Djrr-ific

Djrr-ific said:

Looks pretty cool... (:

will the other UFO e-shop games ever come to Europe? 3DSware catalog is so empty here...

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

It looks like it could be a really good game but seeing as its from UFO interactive, I have a bad feeling that its potential won't be fulfilled.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Honestly...doesnt look good. Looking at the combat I'm predicting it'll be terrible. As for the G+W element - buy the actual games :3

RR529

RR529 said:

The G&W inspired segments look promising, but the beat 'em up segments look very generic (and I'm not the biggest fan of beat 'em ups anyways). Couple that with the fact that it's made by UFO interactive (yeah, look how well SSD and ZSD turned out), and I don't have very high hopes for this.

Hopefully it turns out good though, every dev has it's day.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

It's got potential, Johnny Bravo art style, Game & Watch gameplay, but like everyone else, my expectations w/ UFO on the job are limited.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

now listen up kiddies,anything made by ufo is a piece a crap so dont go blowing money on their game you hear!

Pogocoop

Pogocoop said:

Looks, OK, but it is in desperate need of any sort of verity when it comes to enemies.

Then again, UFO , so I'm gonna pass on this one.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

I loved UFO's games, Samurai Sword Destiny had great combat battle times, not to mention a great upgrading system. Zombie Slayer Diox has a humourous story and nice music

Dreadjaws

Dreadjaws said:

@pariah164
Yeah, that's pretty much the general consensus, except for a few people. I've never played any of their games, but I'm sure as heck not excited for their descriptions everywhere I look.

pariah164

pariah164 said:

@Dreadjaws I almost -ALMOST- bought Zombie Hunter Diox. They are very, very good at making crappy games look good. Kinda sad they can't put that energy into actually MAKING the games good.

TikiTong

TikiTong said:

After looking at the details, there is a Donkey Kong themed level and a girl named Paula????? Thats close to you know what.... Looks good, to be honest Im pretty happy wotht the eshops selection ( only including actual games, not 3D Classics and VC) so you never know how it will turn out.