Bowser and Friends Confirmed for Wreck-It Ralph

Posted by James Newton

Roar power

Upcoming Disney animated film Wreck-It Ralph will feature a cameo from the Koopa King himself.

Bowser will appear in the movie, due out in November, alongside an unnamed ghost from Pac-Man (we're hoping for Clyde). We don't know how the two fit in, but previous reports suggested a panel of villains — including Dr. Eggman — would feature in a scene together.

The film centres on Wreck-It Ralph, a video game villain frustrated at always losing out to hero Fix-It Felix. Ralph decides to switch things up by venturing into other games to play the hero for once, taking on a science fiction first-person shooter, confectionery-themed kart racer and even a Rampage-inspired destroy 'em up.

Wreck-It Ralph is set for release on 2nd November 2012, Bowser and friends in tow.

Thanks to SMW for the tip.

[via social.entertainment.msn.com]

Nin-freak

Nin-freak said:

I was hoping for a movie based off of video games, and this sounds decent. Only knowing Disney, it won't be that good.

metafaniel

metafaniel said:

Even a Mario Kart-like scene? haha that could be interesting! I'll watch it maybe, but a trailer it's needed =)

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

@Nin-freak You must not know very much about Disney. One of the Producers behind Wreck-It Ralph is John Lasseter, one of the creaters of Toy Story, Monsters, Inc., Wall-E, etc. It is directed by Rich Moore who has worked on The Simpsons and Futurama. It stars John C. Reilly, Jane Lynch, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and others. Knowing that, how could anyone say this probably won't be very good?

paburrows

paburrows said:

Well before Lassiter came on Disney DID have a very hit and miss record with their computer animated project, so I can totally understand why Nin-freak said what he said. Having said that since Lassiter has been more in control of things the quality of the product has gone up a lot. I'm really excited about this movie.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Even if this movie isn't going to be that good, I'm still going to go see it anyway. Simply because it has real Nintendo characters in it!

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

Disney makes some of the best movies. One thing I like about them, is that they are usually still pretty clean. A lot of movies today you can't go to without hearing the f bomb every other sentence, which just makes who's saying it sound really stupid in my opinion.

RR529

RR529 said:

The inclusion of Bowser is awesome indeed, but i'd find it a bit odd if no Kingdom Hearts cameos occur.

Nin-freak

Nin-freak said:

@Duney Simpsons director? Yeah, it won't be good. And the ones you named were Pixar, not Disney. Different people make them. I like Pixar(Except their newer ones yet to come out look terrible, A.K.A. Brave), just not Disney.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

@Nin-freak I named the people working on Wreck-It. Besides, Disney owns Pixar now. You're entitled to your opinion, but I'll offer up Bolt, Princess and the Frog, Tangled and even Winnie the Pooh as a recent Disney animation titles that were pretty good to great.

Now please nobody bring up Mars Needs Moms!

SMW

SMW said:

I was just going to watch this just for the cameos, but its sounding more and more like a good movie.

JakobG

JakobG said:

Get the original VA from the Super Mario Bros Super Show, then we'll talk.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I never thought I would see the day when Bowser would appear in an animated Disney movie. That's almost too awesome for words.

I have faith that Disney will finally make a good movie about video games, and with Disney's recent history of good films and John Lasseter's involvement, this should be a blast to watch.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

didn`t this news come out a some time back. i`m sure i`ve read about this before.

Yosher

Yosher said:

I'm usually not into animated movies all that much but this one has me intrigued! Might even go see it in theatres and bring my 3DS along.

gyyrro

gyyrro said:

I'm sorry, but this sounds like a horrible cashgrab type of idea.
Still watching it though..

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

@dizzy_boy: Yes, this was shown a while back. While NL treated it like a rumor, I always knew it was real, because the concept art came from the D23 magazine. I considered D23 official material because it is a special Disney magazine that Disney fans subscribe to and has all kinds of Disney things in it.

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

Looking foward to this movie. It seems intresting, I hope a trailer comes out soon to see what it is like.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

@gyyrro Well basically everything that comes out of a Hollywood studio is a cashgrab. They wouldn't spend so much time and money on movies if there wasn't big money to be made. That said, there are plenty of film makers that are in it for the art and to provide a truly memorable movie experience for audiences, and I believe that Disney Animation Studios falls into that category.

DraculaX

DraculaX said:

I have never cared for Disney, but I will watch this movie for two reasons:

• It's about video games
  • Kano from Mortal Kombat is in it
King_of_Beasts

King_of_Beasts said:

hopefuly this movie will be good. disney has made some pretty good movies over the years, let's just pry and hope they don't mess this up.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

@Millenia GAMECEPTION!
@nin-freak so you're basically saying "I liked Pixar but I hate their movies they haven't released, nor even announced."
I can't say I don't like Disney, I can't lie to my childhood, I hope it's good but I wont raise my expectations.