This is Meloetta, Pokémon Number 648

Posted by James Newton

Nice to meet you

Say hello to Pokémon #648: Meloetta.

The new 'mon was leaked recently on a movie poster but here's your first good look at official artwork of the musical-themed character.

Meloetta has two Formes: Aria is a Normal/Psychic type, while Pirouette Forme is Normal/Fighting, which should result in some interesting strategies. Serebii.net has more facts and figures for eager trainers.

[via serebii.net]

Related Games

moomoo

moomoo said:

It's not exactly new...
We've known about it through hacks since the Japanese version came out.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

Why are you telling us? I've already made my hellos with Meloetta months ago on Serebii.com

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Oh Meloetta, you're one in 648.
A shame you're a Pokémon though since i'd love to get to know you better. I refuse to accept you're as shallow as most of the others. Really, i think some of those have more story-potential than just being in your way or helping you to be the oh so great number one.

James

James said:

"Here's your first good look at official artwork of the musical-themed character."

Shining-Void

Shining-Void said:

Seriously of all the pokemon that are genderless, meloette shouldn't seeing how much it looks like a girl.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Um, hi. Though I've seen you on Serebii for quite some time now. Only the sprites, though.

edhe

edhe said:

#648 pokémon?...blimey. This series needs more than just more pokémon.

@Hyperstar96 Rule 34 means "If it exists, someone's made saucy pictures of it." All Pokémon are "Rule 34-able". Even Hypno.

Enjoy that mental image.

ueI

ueI said:

Isn't this only the Japanese reveal? And why doesn't #647, keldeo, get its own nintendolife article?

Contrary

Contrary said:

The only way I can obtain her is by cheating. I'll just have to tell my girlfriend there is someone else...

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I'm putting Heatmor in the daycare with this thing so he can [ Content Deleted ] her music!

CapedGodot

CapedGodot said:

"Leaked"? I knew about this back when Black/White were new. I also knew then about the purple Robot bug thing. You know, #649.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

damn,they keep making sexy pokemon....i would say something but its gonna either cause agreement or complaining

Onett

Onett said:

"Oh dear...guess I'll be seeing you on the Internet soon."

Far too late for this. Several Months too late. The dark side of the internet has already taken her. Just be sure to keep your safe search on. "It's dangerous out there." - Prof. Oak.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Leaked? Meloetta was pulled from the data of Black and White days after it was released in Japan.

I find it odd that they made Meloetta though, Nintendo seems to have gone out of it's way to try and get Gardevoir forgotten while promoting Gallade all the time. This goes as far as Gardevoir's stats and move sets available in the game, which are terrible, while Gallade gets buffs. The only place Gardevoir gets any respect is in Mystery Dungeon.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@DarkKirby Just gonna mention that. Anybody who visits Serebii.net knew all about it before the game even hit stateside.

Oh well, it is a pretty cool 'mon with some neat abilities. Can't wait to see it in the new movie.

And yeah, to the people saying it's hot...you guys are making me squick. You have no idea how hard that is to do, considering the things I've seen and the places I've been. Seriously, just...ew.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

She looks like a green person with guitar strings for hair.... It would be weird if there was a male version though :/ but anything needs both a male and female to survive. I wonder what the male version will look like O___O

1takauchiha

1takauchiha said:

This wasn't leaked, it was announced officially. It will be a downloadable event this summer, when you go to see the movie in Japan.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

We can't help it. They keep using their irresistible "attract" move on us mere non-Pokemon specimens.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

We need to put a virgin filter on these comments to prevent them from posting.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@ Andrewroxsox

For me the hair looks more like a pentagram, as there are 5 lines and four spaces.

From the title I thought they were announcing the event where you can get it. Thankfully you do not need the event Pokémon to get the diploma for completing the Dex.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

I think she more cute than attractive saying a pokemon is hawt is kinds creepy...........

japzone

japzone said:

Yep, the net has had her for awhile. You can actually get her onto your game without even using something like an AR. The GTS hacks make it that easy.

CorbsAdmin