Renegade Kid Teases New eShop Game

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

No Mutant Mudds here

Renegade Kid, developer of the critically acclaimed Mutant Mudds, has launched a teaser website for its next game, Bomb Monkey.

The image in this article is the whole website, a one page image of a monkey with a bomb on its head standing on aztec-style blocks, with the word 'puzzling' in place of a normal Flash loading bar. So, it's a puzzle game where you tactically blow up blocks: that's our fairly educated guess.

Considering the exceptional start that Renegade Kid has made on the eShop, this is certainly a title to keep an eye on. If you need any reminder, check out our Mutant Mudds review, and if either of the developer's founders are reading this, Europe is still waiting with much anticipation.

[via renegadekid.com]

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Could be like Wario's Woods which would be good. But secretly i hope it's something along the lines of Henry Hatsworth.
Monkey looks great. So good it could even be from Wayforward. :o
Can't wait to learn more about it.

Azikira

Azikira said:

@dark-insanity: I'm kinda with you there. I loved their various shooters on the DS (MOON being my personal favorite) and I'd like to see something more along the lines of that from them...

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

If the music and gameplay are anything close to as addictive as Mutant Mudds then I'll be sold as soon as it's available. I still have that tune stuck in my head and I don't mind it at all!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Aw crap, it's a puzzle game. Sorry Renagade Kids, I love ya, but I just don't swing that way, ya dig?

pixelman

pixelman said:

Maybe you don't throw bombs at blocks... maybe... it's a cursed bomb hat and you have to make your way through the level before your head explodes! :O

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'll wait until more is revealed before making judgment but I hope Mutant mudds comes to Europe soon.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I LOVE Mutant Mudds! By far my favorite eShop game. Unfortunately, this looks more like a potential stopgap before the Mudds sequel is released.

I don't want to come across as too negative just by looking a one picture though, it just seems like the Aztec/Africa theme is already getting played out on 3DS (Pyramids, Ketzal's Corridors, etc.)

Is it going to have jungle based music too, maybe that arbitrary monkey sound that plays in the background of most jungle themed games. :(

DeadAntelopesGo

DeadAntelopesGo said:

After mutant mudds I have pretty high expectations for this...They will most likely put out another amazing game though.