More Black and White Kyurem Details Revealed

Posted by James Newton

Just our type

Pokémon Black & White 2's legendary Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are Dragon/Ice type Pokémon, new cases spotted on Amazon Japan have confirmed.

Black Kyurem stands 3.3 metres tall, while White Kyurem is a little taller at 3.6m. Both weigh 325kg — about the same as a robotic lawn mower.

We expect to learn more about Pokémon Black & White 2 during the Japanese Pokémon Smash show on 8th April, so stay tuned for more details.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Yay...?

Now that we know their height and weight...we can be excited?

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

@NintendoKid85 Probably just start with Black or White. It's the latest and pretty easily accessable. Then again, if you start with Platinum you can then progress to HeartGold/SoulSiver and then to Black/White and catch just about all of 'em.

Ecto-1

Ecto-1 said:

@NintendoKid85 Like Duney said, Black/White are the newest games and offer pretty much every pokemon out there (though you will need to use trading).

However, if your looking for bang for your buck, I would strongly recommend HeartGold or SoulSilver. They are remakes of what many people, including myself, consider to be the best games in the series. Additionally, they offer the most content by far. Beating Platinum gives you access to the Battle Frontier, an area with special challenges. Black and White allow you to explore a few new cities and a special challenge area. HeartGold and SoulSilver offer the Battle Frontier from Platinum, plus an entire second region for you to explore. Plus, them being a bit older, you could save a bit of money compared to Black and White.

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

@Ecto-1

i've played thru black and loved it. my son just bought me soulsilver for my birthday. he takes my pokewalker to work with him so that works out nicely, lol. it is a lot of fun. my head keeps telling me it shouldn't be, as it is basically just the same stuff i've been doing for years, but i can't help it: i love pokemon games. plus he is giving me pokemon from other games which is cool (i always wanted shaman).

zeeroid

zeeroid said:

Huh, so they have the same types as regular old Kyurem. Interesting.

BTW, @NintendoKid85, I will defend HGSS to the death, but I would still recommend you play Black/White first. They are easier to get into, and GameFreak made a few smart tweaks to the formula that reduce certain annoyances.

If you enjoy BW, then definitely play HGSS because they're amazing.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

He's 10 feet tall dragon and weighs 717 pounds? Poor little anorexic midget dragon.

WreckItRyan

WreckItRyan said:

Hmmm, this is very interesting actually. I was banking on the Reshiram fusion to hold onto its fire type and the Zekrom fusion to hold onto its electric type, which would correlate to the colors of the box art titles:
Now, because those legendaries are the same type, there MAY be something else in each game that correlates to those colors instead. Ahhh, speculation.

JayceJa

JayceJa said:

@Ecto-1 HG/SS DOESNT offer more content than the other games, because kanto is watered down and johto was shorter to begin with to fit kanto in the game

not saying the games are bad, but they arent really bigger in the amount of stuff to do, its just split differently with less before the elite 4 and more afterwards compared to the other games

Black and white is definitely the first games to play because they give the best experience to players not spoiled by nostalgia, HG/SS and platinum are all amazing games, but playing black/white first will give you the better chance of loving the series

Hejiru

Hejiru said:

@eryan64: White 2 has red because Reshiram glows red when it uses fire, thus the red tubes on White Kyurem. Black 2 has blue because Zekrom glows blue when it uses electricity, thus the blue tubes on Black Kyurem. They were even advertised as "Burning Red White Kyurem" and "Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem."

And before somebody brings up that stupid "red/blue in the logo = Hoenn in BW2!" theory, Game Freak has already confirmed that Hoenn will NOT be in BW2.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

@Hejiru I tend to agree that the Hoenn speculation that ran rampant after B2W2 was announced got a little silly, and you're right on the money with what the colors signify. But I don't recall GameFreak ever responding to the Hoenn rumors officially. What was said, you've got me curious, could you link me to the story?

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

I sure hope they have other Fusion Pokemon in Black & White 2. My guess is the quote-unquote "evil team" is determined to do the exact opposite as Team Plasma - by bringing humans and Pokemon together, or rather bringing Pokemon together into bizarre combinations of two species, such as Haxorus Druddigon...or Hydreigon Druddigon...or...uh...Audino Druddigon... :|