More 3D Music Videos On the Way to 3DS

Posted by James Newton

Starting today

3DS owners in North America, observe: your console is about to get a lot more musical.

Starting today, the Nintendo Video app will start to offer new 3D music videos, with Sabotage by Wale and So Good by B.o.B the first to land on this very day.

After that you can expect videos from Skrillex, OK Go, Death Cab for Cutie and more, all in 3D.

So there you have it. Free music videos in 3D on the way to North America. Today. Get downloading.

Nintendo News: Nintendo 3DS Gets 3D Music Videos from Top Artists

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo is teaming up with some of today’s hottest musical artists to bring a flurry of 3D music video premieres to users of the Nintendo Video service for Nintendo 3DS. Starting today, Nintendo 3DS owners who have downloaded the free Nintendo Video application will begin receiving a series of premium 3D music videos automatically when connected to the Internet. The impressive lineup includes top acts from a variety of musical genres, and features the stunning 3D video for The Shins’ “The Rifle’s Spiral” track. Directed by Emmy winner Jamie Caliri, the video is from the band’s new album, titled Port of Morrow, which is in stores now.

“Sabotage” from Wale and “So Good” from B.o.B will be available on Nintendo Video today. Additional 3D music videos set to premiere soon on Nintendo Video include:

OK Go, “Skyscrapers”
Skrillex, “Breakn’ a Sweat”
Death Cab for Cutie, “Underneath The Sycamore”
I Fight Dragons, “Save World Get Girl”
Since launching in July 2011, Nintendo Video has delivered a variety of premiere and exclusive 3D videos automatically to Nintendo 3DS owners. Previous 3D music video premieres on the service include hits from Foster the People, OK Go and Jason Derulo.

In addition to music content, Nintendo Video delivers curated 3D content from the worlds of Hollywood, comedy and independent art. The Nintendo Video application is available to download for free from the Nintendo eShop. The Nintendo 3DS system also lets users take 3D pictures, shoot 3D videos and play games in 3D without the need for special glasses.

For more information about Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Video service, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendo-video.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I don't know who any of these artists are. I guess that means that I must be getting old. :D

CapedGodot

CapedGodot said:

Let me know when Two Door Cinema Club releases one. I'm out til then. Also, if you want free music, there's this wonderful thing called YouTube.

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

@Kholdstare ANYTHING but dubstep O.o
anyway... can they release good music once in a while? like something other than pop or rap? The only reason i even keep nintendo video is for animations like the kid icarus ones or the kirby ones, apart from that there isnt anything interesting... and it takes soooo much space on the SD card :(

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

Lucky the didn't put Lil Wayne who only talks about his ex girls and how much poop he done in the toilet. >_>

DogNut327

DogNut327 said:

Other than Ok Go, who was the first video on NV I think, I haven't heard of them.

Chobi

Chobi said:

Dammit, looks like the kid icarus anime videos will no longer be up thanks to these new videos.
@Marakuto LMAO!!!! xD

RR529

RR529 said:

And here I thought Nintendo Video couldn't get any more useless. What's with this crap? I'd rather have them remix some classic video game tunes, and make cool 3D videos to go along with them (heck, I'd rather have the Blue Man Group back).

Well, I guess the 3D Kid Icarus videos were awesome while they lasted. Wake me when Nintendo Video gets something interesting again. TBH, this wouldn't be too bad, but seriously, has anyone even heard of these bands?

WesFX

WesFX said:

Most of these will be "converted 3D" I assume. I appreciate trying, but it looks so bizarre.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

I like the B.O.B song :) and I'm excited about 80% of the songs to come.... The videos aren't that 3d, because they weren't created with 3d in mind :/

Savino

Savino said:

Ok go is fun to watch... But it is crappy as the rest....

No true music here.

Wintendo

Wintendo said:

@Koops3 no thanks...
@Cloudcult10 Phoenix ftw! I'd like to see them too.

As well as some Daft Punk, Foo Fighters and pretty much anything that's not 'LMFAO' 'Lil Wayne' 'Justin Bieber' 'Lady Gaga' or 'One Direction'...

And for those who don't know, it's Skrillex feat. The Doors, whom I'm sure most of you know. Does that make it better haha?

Birdman

Birdman said:

I either don't like or don't care for the artists mentioned. I'll still wind up watching them anyway, most likely.

lanabanana

lanabanana said:

SKRILLEX!!!! :D They should put Paramore , Avril Lavigne , Katy Perry , and many more famous artists and bands... This is gonna be great as long as they don't put Justin Beiber and Rebecca Black... XD

Korbin64

Korbin64 said:

I used to listen to those bands, and then I discovered that all of them (with exception of OK Go)** are terrible. Gone are the days when people listened to talented artists.

**I was actually pretty impressed with The Rifle's Spiral by the Shins, by both the music video and the music.

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

I only care about Skrillex. Personally I prefer Monstercat's artists for my dubstep but his stuff is pretty good.
WUBS IN 3D, HOLY CANNOLI

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

Death Cab and Ok Go sound kewl. I am not a big Rap and modern R&B fan, so these first few I will pass on.

I wonder if DMB's first single off their upcoming album will be a featured 3D video . . . probably not, but one can dream.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Nooooooo! Now Nintendo Video is boring again. Well, at least we still have Palutena's Revolting Dinner Part 2 to look forward to.

McGruber

McGruber said:

Really surprised to see Wale on this list, love him. Now if they would just put out a full fledged service...

MAB

MAB said:

Good music died when it got to the late 90's. kids these days with the hippin and a hoppin and the bleepin and a bloppin.

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

I hate all the artist listed,it's free sure,but i'd rather take nothing over bad music...

Were are all the good artist like,Florence and The Machine,Kylie Minogue,Pixie Lott,Lilly Allen,The Cranberries,Aqua,Ke$ha,Adele,Britney Spears,La Roux,Katy Perry,Young The Giant,Lady Gaga(to some extent),Madonna,Linking Park,Green Day,Coldplay,Kate Miller Heidke,Adam Lambert,Maroon 5,P!nk,Avril Lavigne,Kelly Clarkson,Beyonce,etc...

I guess i just have different taste in music,but either way i have YouTube,Pandora and my music CD's if i feel like listening to good music :P

/rant

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

^: the good artist cost to much for Ninty :p

Anyhow, I was genuinely surprised to see Artists that I have heard of before on my 3ds. The OK Go group was ok and the rest I've never heard of. As variety is what makes up the world I'm looking for to at least giving all the videos one play through in 3D. Go Ninty!

Korbin64

Korbin64 said:

I agree with MadAussieBloke, music started to decline after the 90's; but I don't think Nintendo will put on Metallica, Nirvana, Social Distortion, The Offspring, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bad Religion, Alice in Chains, Rise Against, Audioslave, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Bush, Chevelle, Seether, Skillet (not Skrillex), Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Queen, Oingo Boingo, A7X, Pennywise, 311, Coldplay, 3 Doors Down, Three Days Grace, Social Distortion, Creed, Guns and Roses, Papa Roach, Pink Floyd, Sublime, The Eagles, and Weezer. They might put on Muse, but who really knows?

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

@James I'm actually am a real musician. I own 6 guitars, a keyboard, tons of recording equipment, I can play bass and mandolin, I sing, I perform, and I write my own music.

Music is one of the most important things in my whole life.

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

I've heard of OK Go...but I have no idea who any of those other artists are.

I suppose that's because I hate most of today's 'music'...sometimes I feel as though I was born 30 years too late...

-DL-

-DL- said:

Skrillex is pretty much the only one here that fits into my musical tastes. Haven't seen it yet though; I've been skipping the other music videos.