Johnny Kung Fu for eShop Goes All Game & Watch

Posted by James Newton

Bleep blorp

UFO Interactive's supporting the 3DS eShop pretty heavily: it's already released Samurai Sword Destiny and has Zombie Slayer Diox lined up for this week. It's got another project in the works in the old-school shape of Johnny Kung Fu.

The side-scrolling beat 'em up has a stage based on the classic Game & Watch LCD display, where Johnny has to leap over bombs and punch enemies. You know, your usual game behaviour.

There's no release date or price yet but we'll keep you posted.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Looks FAR better than that Samurai Destiny thingamajig, but I'll wait for several reviews to pop up first.

Pogocoop

Pogocoop said:

Got dang, I have to save my girl friend with my Kung-Fu skills enough IRL....

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

This looks like it could be good but I'm skeptical about it as Samurai sword destiny and Zombie slayer Diox both look crap.

RR529

RR529 said:

Hope this turns out good. I've quite enjoyed the three neo retro games that are already on the service (MSF, VVVVVV, and MM), so this has my attention.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

The art style for this is excellent, with a lil Johnny Bravo flavor to it. But UFO hasn't xactly earned my trust yet. Still, the side-scrolling beat em up genre is almost non-xistant in the DS family of systems so this game is def welcome. I just hope they realize the key to a good beat em up is "attack + jump attack" and not the current en vogue combo of "light attack + heavy attack" which are the XACT same thing

Retrogamer88

Retrogamer88 said:

this game looks really cool,cant wait to play it,i love how the game looks like a LCD game and watch game,