Here's a Dog Playing Nintendogs + Cats

Posted by James Newton

Barking mad

Nintendo's first "spokesdog", Uggie from Oscar-winning movie The Artist, is chilling out after his success by playing Nintendogs + Cats on a pink 3DS.

The canine actor's career hits a new high in these photos as he pretends to understand the console's autostereoscopic display and touch screen interface. We know the dog's smart, but come on.

You can of course have your very own Uggie in Nintendogs + Cats by raising a Jack Russell terrier and raising it to be the smartest dog ever.

Ren

Ren said:

also looks like the dog from "beginners". Great movie, if you haven't seen it (and you are not a tween)

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Canines who are 7 dog years or younger must have the 3D disabled to avoid any permanent eye damage. : puppydogeyes :

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

This is amazing.
Just noticed the slider is up. I wonder if the dog can see the 3D
I don't think dog's heads are shaped properly or something but maybe I'm wrong
@James I know they can see 3D, but I don't think they can see 3DS 3D

thedanman64

thedanman64 said:

"Uggie chilling out by playing Nintendogs+Cats"

I bet he's secretly playing Super Street Fighter 4.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Bet he's just buying himself a nice little doggy girl. Wait, is that moral ? :o
I also heard he feels like Snoopydog when playing Pilotwings, is a bit irritated what exactly that Pullblox guy is and why chained cannonballs bark in SM3DL.

zapdinos

zapdinos said:

@Ren Oh no the dog in that movie was called Cosmo. It's a different dog but they have been seen together though. Yeah that was a really good movie :)

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

He's also wondering why this comes out each time he uses the camera to let it make a Mii of himself.
Untitled

And he's using buttons. Yay, he's not an iDog!

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

Well, hope he's using the web browser to check NL news, like the picture caption says...

47drift

47drift said:

I just got back from seeing The Artist for the first time and recognized him instantly. Truly a star of a dog! And that's a wonderfully moving film, to boot!

Stu_Dee_Jay

Stu_Dee_Jay said:

@James Dogs' eyes are positioned in the same way as ours, so I presume they have stereoscopic vision and therefore dept perception.

It's great to see a revered animal as a Nintendo poster child for once. Makes a change from all those unnervingly perfect people in the old Wii advertisements.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Of course dogs can see in 3D. With that said, their eyes process colors differently, so I don´t think they would be interested in objects on a screen.

I checked yesterday and downloaded the Nintendogs + Cats Demo. That one has only ten uses and it is also time based.

lonlon-milker

lonlon-milker said:

sorry but the picture of my dog with an elastic around his snout is even more cute and i took it on my ads so it's in 3d u_____u