Be Careful When Watching This Kid Icarus Medusa Trailer

Posted by James Newton

It might turn you to stone

Haven't had your fill of Kid Icarus: Uprising media after the 3D anime and 3D screenshots, here's some — 2D — footage of the game in action.

The Medusa trailer below is one of the better videos Nintendo's released, with new bosses, weapons and wizards of various foods on display. At 4:38 it's got everything you could need to know ahead of the game's release in just two weeks.

Sasukeanditachi

Sasukeanditachi said:

Oh man, these trailers are just not going to help the wait for this game are they... Ah well, a little hype isn't always a bad thing. The dialogue in this game is looking amazing too, although why is it called the Medusa trailer when Medusa isn't really all that prominent in it?

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I saw this earlier and it is a fantastic trailer, the dialogue between Pit and Palutena seems entertaining too.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

This game looks AMAZING! But Please NO American voice acting in UK release!

CapnPancakes

CapnPancakes said:

Most Epic Kid Icarus Trailer Ever. It showed a lot of really cool new stuff and now i'm even more hyped! Pit and Palutena are hilarious with their back and forth banter and it really suits the game.

MrKenta

MrKenta said:

Looks interesting, but I'd like to play a demo before I go throwing my money at this game.

Onett

Onett said:

Fantastic. It looks like the Starfox series can learn a thing or two from Kid Icarus: Uprising if they decide to go with the on foot missions again. I'm totally buying this.
Kid Icarus = Nintendo's answer to Kingdom Hearts.

Oregano

Oregano said:

This trailer is even better in 3D on the eShop!

Can't wait for this game now, by the end of the week I will have the entire series on my 3DS.

Karakato

Karakato said:

Let me get this straight... with the purchase of this software we are entitle to a cliched doppelganger, cheesy dialog, space calamari, an eggplant and now tempura wizard and... a robot armor... A Robot Armor?!? Anything that reminds me of Megaman X gets my interest.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Haha, great trailer. I laughed my as of when I saw the tempura wizard and what he does. Looks crazy, this is the first trailer that has gotten me interested in the game..

And the free stand and AR-cards are tempting. Might actually pick this up.

WreckItRyan

WreckItRyan said:

Great job by Project Sora. This trailer really accentuates the pure fun that this game will offer. I am hoping for a very promising game so that I can persuade my friends to finally buy the 3DS!!

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Saw this yesterday. Yet another wonderful trailer to boost my hype! And if I were in the game, the Tempura Wizard would be the one running away! I love to eat shrimp. :D

Kyoto

Kyoto said:

I seriously LOVE the cheesy dialogue:

"Huh?? What the heck it that?"
"It's a Tempura Wizard"
"A Tempura-wuttah?
"If he deep-fries you, keep your distance. One bite and you'll be finished!"

and

"This isn't the ask auntie Pendora hour"

Can't wait for this game anymore. Good to know I'm gonna have to laugh a lot too! :D

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

I'm still not sold on this game. Something about just doesn't appeal to me. I am still buying it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i think having seen this trailer, it's definitely a game i'd pick up.

this looks like to be one of the best, or even has the potential of being the best 3DS game this year.

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

Vehicles and Robots? My hype meter just exploded.
And now I'm dying.

I also really like the cheesy banter here. Star Foxes was all "Derp, it's hot on a sun." but this game sounds just amazing. ONLY 2 MORE WEEKS!

Kirk

Kirk said:

I'm not sold on the overall look of this game. It looks like a few different games mixed together graphically and style wise that doesn't quite work for me. I also don't like the general HUD and menu design for the most part.

I'd have to play the game to have an opinion on how good it plays however.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Wow, that is the best trailer of this game ever! The looming release of Kid Icarus Uprising is nigh!

Turning into an eggplant was bad enough, but getting deep-fried into a shrimp sounds horrible. The whole boss line-up was a nice touch too, as well as the hot spring gag at the end. This makes my Kid Icarus fandom wiggle!

Ren

Ren said:

boy, that could quite possibly be the cheesiest, worst story and dialogue I have ever seen. I guess that's what I signed up for by still playing video games after 30. Looks fun anyway. why didn't they just take the wings away and call it something else? This looks like barely any relationship to the original. I love space junk too, but it has no place in that story. I need to get a game rental thing, it's getting embarrassing paying money for this stuff, but it's too fun to stop.

Tigus

Tigus said:

feels like Christmas of 2010 all over agin (Ah golden sun and sonic colors) really looking forward to this one.

Adam

Adam said:

I still have no idea what's going on in these trailers or what this is game is supposed to be like, at least the on-foot parts. But tempura wizard.

NTELLIGENTMAN

NTELLIGENTMAN said:

I wonder if it's safe to watch this trailer if you're already "stoned?" (No, I'm not implying anything about myself. I'm straight edge.)

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

I'm sold! My only complains so far is the voice acting and the generic dark self,that pretty much appears in any game ever.

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

Voice acting in a Nintendo game? * Shock Horror *
Glad to see they're finally catching up... I mean it only took 17 years.

Mryokokurama1

Mryokokurama1 said:

Man really need 40 bucks by the end of the week. got my 3ds in late feburary this year with mk7 but mk7 wont get old for a long time so ill atleast have that game before i get this.

Mryokokurama1

Mryokokurama1 said:

I watched the multiplayer and weapons video and full video with single player capabilities explained on nintendo 3ds eshop and its definetly worth checking out the game is way better than you think it is now.

HappyHappy

HappyHappy said:

Looks awesome, but not quite sure that this game is worth the money I'll just rent this game.

Vincent294

Vincent294 said:

Hopefully the lines that stood out for bad reasons in this trailer were the worst, because some were good. Tempura wizard? Sounds good to me.

realar

realar said:

Already preordered. I ADORE the game development philosophies Masahiro Sakurai brings to the table. I seriously would like to know what he'd do for Ice Climber, that series could use a reboot. This game brings ALOT to jumpstart a series.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

The part with Death's jingle and his infants, plus the 8-bit 'to new' eggplant Wizard and the ALL NEW Tempora Wizard totaly made my day haha. :D I'm still honestly not too thrilled by the insane departure from the original KI core gameplay, but i may be suprised! And how is the acting cringe worthy or cheesy!? This is a cartoon based videogame, it perfectly suits the look and feel.

Some people hold the most hilarious standards for voice acting in videogames. You want bad voice acting, look no further than Mega Man 8! This game delivers!

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

When Hewdraw jumped out of the water and flopped around on the ground remind anyone else of the Lagriacus from Monster Hunter 3/Tri?

Megajack

Megajack said:

pit doesnt want to be naked in front of palintena. thats why he doesnt take his clothes off.

Tsukun

Tsukun said:

"Remember when you were like, 'I'm finished!' all the time?"
"I...still say that.....a lot."

Haha so looking forward to this one :3

Bucho

Bucho said:

@Onett good point, but i hardly doubt any storyline in gaming history can get as deep and convoluted as the KH one.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

That was AWESOME! Some may consider it cheezy, but I love that kind of humorous dialog and voice acting.