A New Pandora's Tower Trailer Is Here

Posted by James Newton

Contains classic witch voice over

Upcoming — for Europe, anyway — Wii RPG Pandora's Tower is just a few weeks from launch, so Nintendo has some footage from the English version of the game to show off.

The trailer below is a little lighter on the English accents than we've come to expect from recent RPGs Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story, but still contains a stellar performance from an unseen cackling crone. The rest is a mixture of in-game graphics and CGI cut scenes, but it's all very pretty, so probably worth a watch.

Pandora's Tower is out on Friday 13th April.

ArcanaXVI

ArcanaXVI said:

Come on, Nintendo--you've brought us the other two! I've wanted this one the most the entire time!

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Can't believe it's almost here! What a lovely swan-song last year for the Wii.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

In heavy dialogue games like these RPGs, is it really a good use of resources to dub the game twice in the same language just to satisfy accent expectations between North America and Europe and possibly make a few word changes between British and American English?

bauckster

bauckster said:

@BulbarsaurusRex In my opinion, no. I don't care one little bit about having an American voice cast. In fact, I tend to prefer British dubs to American ones often. Even better in my opinion, is the option to watch in the original Japanese with subtitles. Anyone know if this is an option? I'm referring here to all 3 recent RPGs: TLS, Xenoblade, and Pandora's Tower. Are they all watchable in Japanese with subtitles? I hope so...

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

The last one... then we can get to work on Capcom bringing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 over, and Nintendo bringing over The Last Window...

Chrno-x

Chrno-x said:

The English voices totally sucks just like in The Last Story, I waited for a long time for those two titles and because of those VA I don't want both TLS and PT. God how Nintendo can be so stupid (justt like the situation with the Fatal Frame series...)

bauckster

bauckster said:

@FonistoCruxis Good to know, thanks! If I pick only one, I was already leaning towards XBC, and the Japanese option w. subtitles gives it a definite edge.

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Hopefully the game ends up being great. From what I've seen, the gameplay is reminiscent of the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy, which definitely isn't a bad thing.

I'm keenly awaiting some reviews!

BenAV

BenAV said:

@Chrno-x Really? I've played through The Last Story and I thought the voice acting was great.

And despite hearing quite a few negative comments about this game, I'm still looking forward to it.
Comes out on the 12th of April in Australia... one day before Europe just like with The Last Story.
Doesn't make up for me not having Kid Icarus: Uprising yet though!
Hurry up Thursday! D: