3DS Stand Set for Solo Sale in Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Going its own way

As the number of plastic-based add-ons for 3DS starts to grow, keen collectors will be pleased to know that the system's stand, due to be released with Kid Icarus: Uprising, looks set for its own appearance in shops.

The Japanese release of the stand-alone peripheral — we apologise for that — is confirmed for 22nd March, and it wouldn't be surprising if Western territories follow suit. It's not exactly a peripheral that will be suitable for use on a bus journey, but will be a good way to draw attention to yourself while playing at home. It does, at least, look a lot more solid than the infamous Virtual Boy stand.

[via andriasang.com]

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Makes sense. I suppose i'll get Uprising though so i probably won't need a stand-alone release.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

Looks like I gotta get a CCP.
I don't want to wore out my touch screen with this game.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I want this game to play Bit.Trip Beat (from Saga) with. Hope it gets released in NA!

rjejr

rjejr said:

How do you package something like that? What great quotes can you put on the package to make people want to buy it? What do you charge for something that looks too crappy to be given away free in a kids Happy Meal box at McDonalds? We're getting the game from Gamefly so no stand for us, or AR cards unfortunately, but I don't think the kds will miss the stand. We already have 2 charger stands in the house we can't use b/c the covers won't allow them to fit. Plain black plastic? At least make it Mario red with a pair of big white Pit wings on it.

ogo79

ogo79 said:

next youll be needing a stand set for the stand set. go to have that.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I'm honestly almost most interested in KI: Uprising for the stand, since it'll be an excellent tripod-y thing to use with stopmotion videos and such. Perhaps now I'll just wait for the solo release....

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

To all of the people getting the CPP for KI:U DON'T!!!!! Only get it if you are a LEFTIE because it only gives left handed gamers a circle pad for their right hand so they can use the stylus with their left. THIS GAME DOESNT HAVE DUAL ANALOGUE! And I wasnt shouting I just wanted to get everyones attention before they buy the circle pad pro for dual analogue which this game doesnt have.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

The stand is even more useless than the charging cradle. The only practical purpose I can see it being useful is maybe as a TV stand for watching Netflix.