Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Out 28th February

Posted by James Newton

New trailer inside

Short and to the point (because typing out the title wears out our fingers) — Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 is due out in North America on 28th February, and we have a fresh trailer to share.

There's also an official site to clap your eyes on and some screenshots below these very words.

If you're yet to try the series, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked on 3DS is a decent place to start.

UPCOMING NINTENDO DS STRATEGY RPG SMT: DEVIL SURVIVOR 2, OUT FEBRUARY 28, SUMMONS NEW FULL TRAILER AND OFFICIAL WEBSITE LAUNCH

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — FEBRUARY 3, 2012 — ATLUS today released the full trailer and official website for the upcoming Nintendo DS™ strategy RPG Shin Megami Tensei®: Devil Survivor 2, the sequel to the award-winning Devil Survivor.

The full trailer, aptly named due to it being completely packed with exciting footage, stylishly sets up the game's story and main conflict. It also gives a great glimpse into how the hybrid RPG/SRPG mechanics work, better demonstrates the players ability to interact with, level up, and grow closer to their party members, and lastly shows the Demon Auction in action.

Launching alongside the full trailer is the equally aptly named full Devil Survivor 2 official website. Fans can read up on the history of the series and its developers, learn more about the story in Devil Survivor 2, browse character profiles for the game's protagonists, and better appreciate the title's unique mix of strategy RPG tactics and first-person RPG battles. Both the trailer and website arrive with less than a month before the game hits shelves, coming to North America after releasing to critical acclaim and strong sales in Japan.

SMT: Devil Survivor 2 for Nintendo DS is currently scheduled to release on February 28, 2012. For more info, visit the official website at http://www.atlus.com/devilsurvivor2.

Joco84

Joco84 said:

any news on the original Devil Survivor 3DS version coming out in UK??

edhe

edhe said:

@SeVok I was just about to comment on that too.

They might as well change the release status on this (and every Atlus DS/3DS game) to "GAHAHAHAHAno!"

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'll probably import this at some point but I still need to finish the first Devil survivor. Also, some of the female characters' tits look unnatural.

nerdydan

nerdydan said:

Cannot wit for this to come out! Overclocked was amazing sothis should be awesome too!

DrKarl

DrKarl said:

mariofanatic128 opined: "some of the female characters' tits look unnatural"

Says the user having a ridiculously unnatural spiked purple haired avatar with eyes about four times as large as her mouth.

Kooloo-limpah!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

Is it possible for these discussions to not devolve into discussing boobs? of course they're unnatural-looking here, that's anime-style artwork for you. sheesh.

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Excellent, I'll pick this up as soon as it comes out! (For some reason I'm really pumped for it - I own the first one but haven't actually played it yet...)

FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT said:

I really enjoyed the first game except the ending. As in, I was so ridiculously underpowered for the final boss fight that I probably would've had to grind for 10-15 hours to be able to handle it. I gave up in disgust.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

enjoying the first one on the 3DS putting alot of manhours into the game trying to be extra ready for the hard shizzazz :P

anyways hoping the second one gets a 3ds enhancement sometime down the line

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

its no wonder these companies get the wrong idea about whos interested and whos not. Gamestop has had this game on thier site for 3 months but the clerk couldn't find a street date (in his register)and therefor could not take a deposit pre order. Finally just 20 days before release they can. What does that tell the Devs? I can't help but wonder if this is intentional.

Kisame83

Kisame83 said:

Too bad it wasnt designed with Circle Pad Pro support as an option. It looks like from screens (and control complaints) that it REALLY wants to be a dual stick shooter. Like that one series on Xbox Live (I think its just called Zombie Apocalypse or something), or Dead Ops Arcade in CoD: Black Ops.

nerdydan

nerdydan said:

I hope this games price doesn't go way up after launch like overclocked did. I can't get enough money to pre-order it. I am still super exited for this. I wonder if it will be as good as the original.