Ono and Harada Keep Scrapping in Tekken 3D Trailer

Posted by James Newton

Those boys just can't get along

You might have seen this Tekken 3D Prime Edition trailer before, but it's so good it bears a second, third and fourth watch.

Featuring Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada and Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition mastermind Yoshinori Ono, it's all in aid of upcoming 3DS scrapper Tekken 3D Prime Edition, which features 41 characters, online play and more. It's out on 17th February in Europe and 14th February in North America.

Forget Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter — just put Ono and Harada in a game and we'll be happy.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

lol... Can't wait for Tekken 3D Prime. My next game for the 3DS after I get Resident Evil. :)

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

too bad it will more than likely have swearing in it. Which means I won't be able to buy it :(.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

hmmm, maybe one of the cross overs might actually make it to the 3DS after all.
but i`ll bet that capcom and namco will want to see good sales of their own respective fighters first.

enda_o

enda_o said:

60 fps with 3D ON??!

And while online?

Tekken 3D >>>>> SSFIV 3D

Ono needs to update SFIV on the 3DS, add AE ver 2012 and better framerate and online, with online leaderboards and replays

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i saw this trailer last year- very amusing! :-D

hope tekken 3d is an excellent game and if so, maybe we'll see streetfighter x tekken and soulcalibur 5 following suit on the 3ds after that.

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

@James: "Forgot Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter — just put Ono and Harada in a game and we'll be happy."

Did you mean forget?

Also, amusing video...

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Amazing self-irony here. :D
Don't care much about fighting games but 'cause of the 3D movie i might catch it up if i can get it cheap one day.

BeatOli

BeatOli said:

Trailer was funny, but the game....it seems to look chunky, both in the way of graphics and how the game "moves".

VincentV

VincentV said:

Best trailer ever. It's in 720p for me, what's wrong w/ the video quality in Europe?

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I've got the game preordered.

By the way, is it just me or is that ending shot kind of creepy with the way that Asian girl is holding that unconsious pink-haired girl in her arms?

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Funny trailer.

What looks interesting to me is that "young" Heihachi is here, along with more recent characters like Lilli, as in a non canonical Tekken game.

I just guess that if they included the movie, then there won't be endings for each character. Hopefully they can prove me wrong.

DanteSolablood

DanteSolablood said:

Loved the trailor, but I fell out of love with Tekken after Tekken 3 - they slowed all the characters down (including Yoshimitsu) so I can't out speed my opponent any more. Though I have given it 3 more chances since then. :D

But how could you possibly play Hwoarang's 3 stances with only 2 shoulder buttons??

Mattiator

Mattiator said:

I love how the Japanese can fit so much into their Streetpass messages, while mine can only fit one word. A long word, yes, but a single word nevertheless. That scene made the whole trailer for me.