Kid Icarus: Uprising Gives New SpotPass Weapons Every Day

Posted by James Newton

Getting stronger all the time

Masahiro Sakurai has revealed players will be able to grab new weapons for Kid Icarus: Uprising through SpotPass.

Speaking at the on-going Nintendo Direct, Sakurai spoke about the system's StreetPass and SpotPass functions opening up new ways to share and create weapons. Players will be able to get new Power Gems to create more powerful accessories, with the in-game currency of hearts unlocking the weapons outright.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is out on 23rd March.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

the game really looks amazing. i hope there will be a demo, because i dont plan to buy this. i just dont digg on railshooters and the controls look uncomfortable for me. dont wanna play with a stupid stand -.-
maybe a demo could change my mind, nintendo ;)

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

The game looked great the whole time, and the multiplayer will be a lot of crazy goodness! Also, the weapons passed around in Streetpass are called Weapon Seeds I think. We hadn't seen those in action until now.

The thing that intrigued was the Tetris-like feature with Palutena. I wonder what that was all about?

James

James said:

I went off this game for quite a while but I really like the look of it now.

@NintyFan it's a way for you to decide which skills to take into battle: you can only take so many so it's important to prioritise. More powerful skills take more space :)

pikku

pikku said:

I'm still not excited for this game at all, but that is a pretty cool feature, I must admit. [insert something about waiting to get it used/at a discounted price here :$]

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Game looks a ton better than it used to. Increases the chances I'll pick it up now vs before. Hope we get a demo.

Samholy

Samholy said:

the whole weapon system isnt fully clear. Will the game provide enough stages and gameplay to make it worth to unlock all weapons? or will it be like starfox, a bunch of fast paced quick levels to rince and repeat ?
i fear another game that i will finish in a week or two

Savino

Savino said:

The lighting on this game is amazing... although the polycount is very pour.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@samholy What are you talking about. Most games can be beat in under 2 0hours unless its an RPG! That's one day for a hardcore gamer. If you mean replay value then I'm sure it will keep you entertained for quite some time. Online is looking to be exciting enough to come back to over and over. I'm sure there will also be plenty of reasons to go back through the main quest.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

I hope this unlocking system is reasonable and doesn't require endless grinding and was designed to specifically limit how fast you can unlock things like Mario Kart 7's does.

Noend

Noend said:

Samurai Warriors weekly download content would work sporadically and then skip a week and eventually never worked again. Same with the free Pokedex.

I hope this one keeps working.

1takauchiha

1takauchiha said:

@Noend Really? I got Samurai Warriors downloads every week, and although I've had a little trouble with Pokedex 3D, I've more or less gotten my 3 pokemon a day. Scanning codes you don't have yet, but want, really helps.