Kid Icarus: Uprising Gets Intense New Trailer

Posted by James Newton

We mean it

Kid Icarus: Uprising's intriguing Fiend's Cauldron mode is the subject of this new trailer.

The Fiend's Cauldron lets you bet previously acquired hearts to ramp up the intensity of levels; the more hearts you bet and the more difficult the stage, the higher the reward.

The video makes it all pretty clear, so have a look and buckle down for Uprising's March launch.

RVN

RVN said:

Guys fix this please, there's no video and there's a link that goes to the 3DS section of this page at the beggining of the article.

Late

Late said:

Can't see the video here, had to visit Youtube itself. I've played TWEWY for few weeks and the intensity thing looks a lot like drop level system in TWEWY. Haven't been too interested in Uprising but I might get it sometime.

Karakato

Karakato said:

Yup, the game took some cues from TWEWY and I hope other developers do the same. Gamers need to be rewarded for their skills. This game has alot going for it, just hope it stands up well on its feet by the time it releases.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

I might get this game - but so far it looks like it wont handle well without the CPP, but maybe thats just me.

RVN

RVN said:

after seeing the trailer i have to i'm very very glad they found a way to make time spent on single-player worth it on multiplayer, this became a day zero buy!

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

THIS is how difficulty levels need to be done. Normally it's just "give enemies more HP, give character less." This takes more work, but I really hope it becomes a trend in the industry.

RVN

RVN said:

@10 thought about it but didn't want to post it so widely open, this is a family-friendly site!

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

I think I'll play through the first time at the default setting, so I can get used to the gameplay (and be able to pay attention to Palutena's/Pit's banter). Then I'll up the ante!

onlyaman

onlyaman said:

This video has taught me that to survive high-intensity flight sections, one should move the analogue slider in circles like a mad-man. Either CW or CCW will do. Fun?

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

@21 not quite. it was made by project sora founded by the same guy who did smash bros brawl, masahiro sakarai.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

It's great to be rewarded for going above and beyond, so this is a great system for doing difficulty. Not only does it reward you internally (personal contentment, bragging rights) but externally (stronger weapons and abilities) as well.

Yosher

Yosher said:

This is the better gambling work! Much better than some lame slot machines!

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

@mushroomer From what I've heard, the game comes with 6 random AR cards when you get the game. And I'd imagine that you can buy more of them separately, kinda like pokemon cards (I'm pretty sure that they will be available over here). Hope this helps!

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

So glad I pre-ordered this! Not too excited about the CCP, though...

How much is the CCP going to cost?

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

Yay! My thumbs have been itching for some of this. Rez only hard and PORTABLE (and not as trippy,Bit.Trip should do).+ground segments

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

@mushroomer
Hey, thanks for posting that link! That multiplayer looks pretty intense, and I'm really digging this whole multiple levels of difficulty thing. Day one purchase for me!

CorusFace

CorusFace said:

I think tons of games need to have abilities like this. Reward a challenger! What's the deal with DKCR time trials? Am I right?

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

It's Pit, I'm a fan, I've been sold, and it only gets sweeter from here on. Let's do THIS. :)

Samholy

Samholy said:

pre-ordered a few days ago. i wasnt sure when i heard about it months ago. the latest multiplayer news look very promising. enough to make me buy it day one.
plus, it has nintendo seal on it. rarely nintendo disapoints me with hteir home games.

Chuie