Now 2011's over and done with, the Association for United Kingdom Interactive Entertainment — UKIE for short — has revealed the best-selling games across all formats last year.
To nobody's surprise, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was the best-selling game of the year, but what's most surprising is the all-formats top ten doesn't include a single Nintendo-published game, in stark contrast to last year where Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort landed in the top ten.
There were games for Nintendo consoles in the top ten, but nothing from the Big N itself. Anyway, here are the ten best-selling games in the UK for 2011:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii, DS)
2. FIFA 12 (360, PS3, PC, PSP, 3DS, Wii, DS)
3. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)
4. Zumba Fitness (360, PS3, Wii)
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360, PS3, PC)
6. Just Dance 3 (360, PS3, Wii)
7. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360, PS3, PC)
8. L.A. Noire (360, PS3, PC)
9. Saints Row: The Third (360, PS3, PC)
10. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)