Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge Rated for VC

Posted by James Newton

Slice of the action

The Australian classifications board has rated Neo Geo scrapper Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge for Wii's Virtual Console service.

Amakusa's Revenge introduced brothers Sogetsu and Kazuki Kazama, an "honorable death" move and even featured fatalities under certain conditions.

We've already got Samurai Shodown, Samurai Shodown II and Samurai Shodown III on Virtual Console, but considering there have been no new Neo Game games added for over a year we're not holding our breath.

[via classification.gov.au]

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

More VC games are always nice, but as for this particular one, I've already got the Samurai Shodown Anthology.

Omega

Omega said:

Monster World IV was rated April 2011. Wasn't it? And does this mean anything? Especially when VC games are released every 7-8 months.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I'm still skeptical that anything will be released for the Wii Virtual Console. I'd really like to see AOF 3 and Metal Slug 3

Late

Late said:

I've only played original Samurai Showdown and enjoyed it when I was younger. Maybe I should get it for my Wii.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

it says in the article this is a beat em' up, as opposed to a one-on-one fighting game. i wonder if this is more in line with final fight, streets of rage than a traditional samurai shodown fighter.

hope this sees the light of day both in europe and the U.S.

James

James said:

To me there's no clear difference between a beat 'em up and a fighting game: in my day a beat 'em up was a fighting game.

Maybe I'm just showing my age though.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

There is no reason to buy this at all. The Samurai Shodown Anthology has:
6 samurai shodown games (including this ones)
freeplay and infinite continue options (this one has four continues and thats it)
dedicated multiplayer (this one does not)
customizable controls (this one has an awkward and forced control scheme that puts your weak attacks below your heavy attacks...)
arranged soundtrack options (this one has only one soundtrack option)
and a gallery and a minigame (this has neither)

Ryno

Ryno said:

James, you are a showing your age. It might be because of your new picture though too. A Beat 'em Up is like Double Dragon, a Fighter is like Street Fighter II.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Yes we are getting closer to Samurai Shodown V Special, that's the only game I want so I could finally own all the great SS games.