Retailers Leak The Last Story Limited Edition

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Swiss retailer breaks cover

It appears that Nintendo of Europe is preparing a limited edition release for upcoming Japanese RPG The Last Story, due for release on 24th February. Initial rumours started to spread earlier this week, but images of the box art and packaging have since begun to surface.

According to a Swiss retailer this release will include premium steelbook packaging, an art booklet and a soundtrack CD. At the time of writing, this limited edition is not appearing on major UK retailer websites, but Siliconera has the box for you to look at anyway.

This title was produced with Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi at the helm in what could be his last major game release. With that and the title's hype in mind, would you pay extra for this collector's edition?

[via siliconera.com]

Angel_Fur

Angel_Fur said:

Sweeeeeet! Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora. The Wii sure is going out on a JRPG high!

KAI7321

KAI7321 said:

"Swiss retailer breaks cover"

Imagines some Swiss game shop manager jumping up and down on the The Last Story's game case

ElFlorro

ElFlorro said:

Since the game gods finally heard our prayers, one would be stupid NOT to buy one of these on day 1. I'm counting the days my friends...

Angel_Fur

Angel_Fur said:

^ They may as well commit to US/Canada release ASAP, as the amount of piracy that's blighted Xenoblade as a consequence of its late arrival is a total disgrace.

ville10

ville10 said:

Looking good, but I HATE that the German rating has to ruin these boxes for all of Europe. Same thing with Skyward Sword, why can't they make it the same size as Pegi, it's not like it's too small to notice...

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

@9: i agree!!! those German ratings are awful and ruin every boxart. Why oh why do they have to be so big and on the front of the box? Nobody cares about them anyway.

Anyway: i will certainly buy this, if only because it will be an instant collectable.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

If it isn't more than roughly 70 € this will be very hard to resist. So beautiful. :*
And believe me people, i feel ashamed that the country i'm living is responsible for these ugly overprints. :|

Sapo

Sapo said:

It's so impossible that it is not coming to the whole europe but well, even if that happens, I live on the border :D

You folks think pandora's tower will be the same?

I have xeno and zelda's baddonkey editions, I hope I can get this one as well :)

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Apparently the soundtrack CD only has 7 songs from the game on it (I heard this on Gonintendo) which is disappointing but it still looks like a pretty good collector's edition and the boxart is great!

Ryno

Ryno said:

Another good reason to get this! Interesting to see if this comes to the U.S.? Gamestop, hello? You working with Nintendo of America to bring this over too?

KAI7321

KAI7321 said:

For UK consumers, an email reply from ShopTo.net:

"At the moment we have not heard from the publishers but as soon as we do we will supply the information on the website. This may just be limited to certain retailers"

Well, we can only hope right now :)

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Ah wow, hope this comes to Australia. Heck, I just can't wait for The Last Story to come out, i gotta beat Xenoblade Chronicles 1st, 125 hours in & counting...

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

Wow..that's nice...:)

I hope it comes to NA because while I'm not a fan of RPGs, I will give this game a shot. Make it happen, Nintendo!

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

yeah I would buy this xenoblade and pandora's tower just to tie me over untill the Wii U comes out :)

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

Bacon_Gal_Blaze said:

:-O I'm definitely getting this day one! Absolutely loved (and am still loving) Xenoblade, can't wait for this!

Azikira

Azikira said:

>.> I just want the standard edition to come to america. Is that so much to ask for?

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

@31 At this point, just waiting for Nintendo to ANNOUNCE that any version of The Last Story is heading to NA seems too much to ask for :P

Mattiator

Mattiator said:

Day one if and when it makes it to North America. They could be charging 80 usd for this and I'd still buy it.

X-145

X-145 said:

Ah...yes...it seems NoA has screwed us over again. Well I'm just happy we're getting Xenoblade. I hope that this game gets to the western world aswell!