Resident Evil Revelations Scares Its Way Up UK Charts

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The monstrous Circle Pad Pro included with some

Resident Evil Revelations certainly had plenty of build-up and hype before its release in Europe, including an extended trailer that reveals much of the storyline. It also received mainly positive reviews and avoided any troublesome save data arguments as endured by its predecessor, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

It seems that all of the effort has been worth it, initially at least, with Capcom's latest coming in at number six in the most recent UK all-format software charts. It's the first new 3DS-exclusive title to break into the UK top 40 so far this year and one of only two in the list, with luckily numbered Mario Kart 7 still chugging along at the distinctly unlucky placing of 13th.

Not a bad start for the latest genuine survival-horror entry in the series, and maybe there's quite a few Circle Pad Pro peripherals cluttering up homes as well.

[via ukie.info]

Related Games

Mok

Mok said:

I purchased it without the CPP. Still waiting for the game to arrive.

SeVok

SeVok said:

Same here, instant-buy at launch, but did not purchase the Circle Pad Pro. That's an afterthought I will not participate in.

md1500

md1500 said:

Bought it with the CPP.
Tried it. Didn't like it.
Now using Type B controls with no problem.

LittleFuryThing

LittleFuryThing said:

Preordered the game and CPP bundle.
The CPP feels quite nice - almost like a game controller - but I didn't really use it all, only just to test it out. I prefered the gyro controls in the game and have used that method ever since.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Its rare for a 3DS exclusive to get so high in the all format chart so its great that RE:R got so high.

Monsti

Monsti said:

Good news. I really hope this game sells very well. I'm still convinced the reason 3rd party exclusives didn't sell well on the Wii was cause they were half-baked like the Resi-Lightgun Games. I love revelations!

Henmii

Henmii said:

"Resident Evil Revelations Scares Its Way Up UK Charts"

That's nice to hear!

"The monstrous Circle Pad Pro included with some"

Lol!

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

Bought it, played it, completed it... now im playing it all over again :D
As far as the CPP it feels and plays just like the CCP that was included with Monster Hunter Tri just a little bit smaller. Worth a try but I ended up using the original controls because it plays similar to RE:Mercs... however I will definetly be playing Monster Hunter 3DS with the CPP.

Son

Son said:

I enjoy playing the RE:R demo and finished the normal mode. But the hell mode was hard especially when killing the ooze with blade/claw arms. Few more days and I will able to play the full version. :)