Resident Evil: Revelations Demo on the Way

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Shambling into view

Resident Evil: Revelations isn't far away, all set to bring terror into the third dimension. For those eagerly anticipating this new entry in the survival-horror series there was good news from Christian Svensson, senior vice president of Capcom. Responding to enquiries from fans about a demo arriving in the eShop, Svensson confirmed the following:

A RE: Revelations demo for NA and Europe is coming.

In the case of NA, we're awaiting our date confirmation and code approval from NOA (we have a tentative from them, but I'll have to keep you in suspense).

The full release is only weeks away, so it seems likely that this taster isn't far away. Demos have actually been available in the Japanese eShop since early December, but this will hopefully get the ball rolling for these downloads to start arriving regularly in Europe and North America.

[via capcom-unity.com]

matirishhh

matirishhh said:

I've preordered it already but wouldn't actually mind to play it before hand.
It's great title for the first 3DS demo !

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Preordered on Zavvi for £29.95 and it comes with the circle pad attachment. Happy days :-)

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Great that finally a demo is coming along. :)
I hope there will be many more in the future. Especially for less well known games..

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

This...is insane. I saw the Big Games of 2012 article and posted this exact comment:

56. kyuubikid213 04 Jan 2012, 22:17 GMT - Edit | Delete

OH, GAWD YES!! GIVE ME RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS DEMO< NOW!!

I mean... Please can I have a Resident Evil: Revelations demo, Nintendo?

I guess Nintendo was listening. Thank you! Thank you so VERY much!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Are these demos free? If not ill kindly wait another couple of week to play the real thing. Not a bad idea for those on the fence but so close to the release for me (since I'm already getting this) ill wait.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Demos are free, no worries there. I just hope we get more than 1 a week. What they have done with the Wii Ware shop thus far has been terrible.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

I've been keeping it on the down low with anything Revelations related as of late. If anything the last thing i saw was that cut scene involving the BSSA agent(or whoever she was) with the massive jugs busting out, who was then being chased by a couple of those gooey demonic monsters....Where she then eventually met her doom. :p

The over exposure of her bouncing jugs seems ridiculous. lol This is Resident Evil, not Dead or Alive. Either way, it's a day one buy for me. I completely forgot that it's coming out next month. eek! Extremely hyped! :D

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

pre ordered think this will be played through a lot.inbetween online raid mode,this will be a class game!

master344

master344 said:

I dont mean to be rude but you guys were kinda slow at getting this information out. Nintendo blog had this like 3 days ago

B-Ray97

B-Ray97 said:

finally a demo!
I hope it will come next week in the eShop...
untill we wait,
i look forward to it!

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Yep, pre-ordered mine from Zavvi a couple of days ago.Absolute bargain if the price of the circle pad is £14.99 on its own. Great that there is going to be a demo (about time Nintendo!!) hopefully it is a sign of things to come. Nintendo have really got their act together recently and seem to be listening to criticism and taking it on board. The support they have shown the 3DS in the last 3months has been great (seems like something new comes along everyday at the minute :) ) I just hope they don't rest on their laurels now that sales have picked up.
Can we have the MGS3 demo that japan got as well please? :)

Chobi

Chobi said:

Interesting...interesting. I see no mention on if the demo will be different from the one that comes bundle with the mercenaries 3D. If it's the same demo then there is no reason for me to be excited. I do hope this starts the availability for demos on the Nintendo eshop.

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

@Steampunk, if you check the net for videos of the Resident Evil demo that the Japanese got a few weeks ago, it is very much a different demo. It was a decent chunk of the story rather than what is more like a tech demo from Mercs. The Japanese demo had various language options available too so the demo is ready for whenever Nintendo release it to the eShop.

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

I'm going to really be looking forward to it! I've been wanting to check this game out for a while now!

Son

Son said:

Great! Can't wait to download it! I want to practice the controls so I would be prepared for the full game when it comes out on february.

3DLORDoNINTENDO

3DLORDoNINTENDO said:

ive played the demo its so scary 3d blood every whar iv played it on the REmersonaries game anyway its way to 3D SCARY for me plus YHIS IS THE ONLY DEMO COMING i want ... so many 2012 demos i want i could not think of them all

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

does anyone what size the game card is for this game when it gets released i know there are meant to be 8gb games being made for the 3DS at the moment they are restricted to 2gb which is super gay. why restrict companys from using the full potential of the cart.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

^i think its 4gb they asked nintendo for a bigger one.heard somewhere it would make game cost more.but online prices look normal.

FailMan

FailMan said:

Hey can somebody help me out? Can you bypass the demo play limit by re-downloading the demo again? Please reply!