Rayman Origins 3DS Leaps the Atlantic on 20th March

Posted by James Newton

Helicopter hair and all

Ubisoft has revealed Rayman Origins will release in North America on 20th March.

The portable platformer is based on the critically acclaimed 2011 home console release, with StreetPass functionality thrown in for good measure.

We've got some fresh screenshots below to get you all geared up for Rayman's upcoming adventure.

Wolfcoyote

Wolfcoyote said:

This looks really good. I haven't played a Rayman-based game since Revolution for the PS2; I may pick this up later this year. My friend is really addicted to it, though.

joevox316

joevox316 said:

Yay an actual release date now! I loved/love Rayman 2, but never got a chance to play the 2D ones. This however, looks amazing. Platformers are great!

Knux

Knux said:

The superior Vita version is coming out a month earlier. I'll buy that instead. :D

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I've been waiting months for the Vita release, so I'll be playing it on that system. But I'll definitely be picking this version up to see this baby in 3D. Good stuff all around! :D

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

another game perfect for the 3ds will pick up the wii version as well great game

Dodger

Dodger said:

Funny, I asked my local Gamestop when the 3DS version of Rayman Origins was coming out and the employee said that they already had it. Maybe he thought I was asking about the wii version but I was pretty clear about the 3DS part and he gave a different price then the Wii version (which as I predicted, being a non-Mario platformer, is already falling in price). Strange. I don't have the money at the moment either way so I guess it doesn't matter. :P

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

I was gonna pick up the Wii version but ever since a 3DS version was announced, I was leaning towards it. I prefer my platformers on handheld.