Nintendo Unlocks Kid Icarus: Uprising Multiplayer Details

Posted by James Newton

Light or Dark?

Now we have worldwide release dates for Kid Icarus: Uprising, Nintendo is stepping up its pre-release information campaign with details about the game's multiplayer modes.

Players will be able to unlock extra weapons from multiplayer skirmishes, taking these into the single player adventure or using them against human opponents instead.

Here's the multiplayer fact sheet from Nintendo Europe:

Multiplayer Modes

Aside from a sprawling Solo odyssey, Kid Icarus: Uprising for Nintendo 3DS delivers exciting multiplayer modes allowing you to play Together with friends locally or online.

You can choose Nearby for Local Play over a local wireless connection or choose the option Far Away to play online over the Internet. You can search for friends online and join their matches or play against players all around the world.

Playing Together allows you to acquire new weapons. These can be used in the Solo adventure or to upgrade your current weapon for the next multiplayer battle! The large variety of weapons allows for all sorts of different gameplay styles so bring your best game and show off your skills!

Untitled

Light vs. Dark

In Light vs. Dark mode a 3-on-3* team battle is fought. Whenever a Fighter is defeated, his Team Life Gauge decreases according to the value of the weapon this player was using. The Fighter that’s defeated when the Team Life Gauge gets entirely depleted will turn into a powerful Angel. The team that manages to defeat the other team’s Angel wins the battle!

Untitled

Free-for-All

In Free-for-All mode everyone fights against everyone else! Up to 6 players* pick their favourite weapon and powers and attempt to defeat as many opponents as they can within the time limit. Defeating players with a higher-value weapon increases the score even more.
*If there are less than 6 players in the game, CPU players will round out the remaining slots.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

I see exactly what is going to happen here. EVERYONE is going to pick Free For All mode all the time. Can't wait for this game!

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

Oh yeah, I would appreciate it if we got a demo for this, Nintendo. Not trying to be pushy, just asking.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

And I gotta say, the new artwork is incredible! (snicker) Pit and Dark Pit look like they are about to kill each other! :o

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

I wasn't really interested in this game before, but after reading the Nintendo Power cover article and then this I can't wait.

RVN

RVN said:

Actually i'm very excited about its online multiplayer.
Hope AI is smart enough to keep battles fair, can't wait for this as it's kind of a third person shooter on 3DS (RE:M was too but it wasn't competitive).

ScreamoPichu

ScreamoPichu said:

I really wish you could use the Circle Pad Pro could control the camera, also, is it single-card or multi-card play locally? I still think this game looks awesome.

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

"If there are less than 6 players in the game, CPU players will round out the remaining slots."
Augh, I see that Sakurai still hasn't learned from all of Brawl's mistakes.
Aside from lag, the most annoying thing in Brawl's online play is expecting to have an awesome duel with some random dude when suddenly two computers are thrown in the fight.
Other than that, everything else about this game looks amazing! I can barely wait to have this in my 3DS.

mushroomer

mushroomer said:

what if this game ends up not being good? i mean we havnt even read a review yet... oh i hope its a 10/10

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I'm just glad it has online features. I don't have many friends who would be into playing it locally.

Azikira

Azikira said:

That's awesome to hear. I was excited when it was just 3 on 3, but free for all is welcome news too~

Macattack

Macattack said:

Well, it sounds great and all, but I wish they wouldn't put CPU 'fill-ins' for free-for-all mode. There just doesn't seems like any need. =/
Btw, the artwork for this game is amazing! It's really quite inspiring...

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

This... actually looks cool. It's like the inverse of Smash Bros. — Awesome-looking solo game, neat diversion of a multiplayer mode

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

This has online as in no need for friend codes?(Random people) Also is their an option to play online with friends?

3DLORDoNINTENDO

3DLORDoNINTENDO said:

At first I did not want the circle pad pro butt now I need it I realy want to kick my frinds butt in this online im left handed :(

NintenHero

NintenHero said:

This sound like it will be really fun, can't wait for more info regarding the weapons and such :3