Nintendo Download: 5th January 2012 (Europe)

Posted by James Newton

Hit the Pits

If you've registered two qualifying games in Club Nintendo, you can download a free game this week; if not, you'll have to choose from one of the other titles on offer in the first digital drop of the New Year.

3DS Download Software

3D Classics: Kid Icarus (Nintendo, free to qualifying users) — You can only get 3D Classics: Kid Icarus if you registered two or more qualifying 3DS games — the game will be available to download for non-qualifying members in the future for £5.40/€6. Will this 3D update pave the way well for Kid Icarus: Uprising? Find out in our upcoming review.

3DS Virtual Console

Trip World (Game Boy, Sunsoft, £2.70/€3) — A platforming game about flowers? It's no weirder than a platformer about mushrooms and plumbing, we suppose. We'll take a trip soon and let you know if this download is worth getting.

DSiWare

Successfully Learning Mathematics: Year 2 (Tivola, 500pts) — Just when you thought it was safe to continue your ignorance, Tivola is back with more episodic education. We'll calculate a score in our upcoming review.

WiiWare

Fish Tank (Bloober Team, 500pts) — Not in fact an aquarium simulator, this is a pretty enjoyable underwater puzzler, as our Fish Tank review explains.

Did you qualify for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus? If not, the promotion is open until the end of January, so there's still time.

Related Games

noblo601

noblo601 said:

Stupid question but does Nintendo Europe encompass Australia because they are both pal region?

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Kid Icarus and Trip World? I am jealous Europe! I really hope that we get both of those games soon.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Yupp i did qualify. With SML3D and MK7 releasing during the qualifying time frame i'd say the vast majority of users here did. And even if they didn't yet, there's still RE: Revelations coming out. :)
I'm really excited about this one. They seem to have put quite some work into it. At least more than for the previous 3D Classics i'd say.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'll wait for the review and some impressions before deciding on whether to get Trip world or not and I'd like to get 3D classics: Kid Icarus but I'm not a member of club Nintendo. Any idea as to when it will be available for anyone to buy from the eshop?

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Kid Icarus will be a day one buy for me, but those new backdrops kind of destroy that magical atmosphere by the looks of it compared the original. Ya ya, you're probably thinking whats so magical about a solid color black-back drop. Well I don't know, it just was! :P looking forward to the 3D effects nonethelessy! hehehe.

Omega

Omega said:

I was hoping they ressurect the dead Virtual Console before christmas with some amazing new games like Monster World IV. But this hope is gone now. :-(

Winter

Winter said:

I thought europe didn't have a Club Nintendo? Is it to late to register?

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

ANOTHER free game!? Mister Nintendo, you do spoil us rotten. And we do indeed love that fact. Never played this game, yet I know I'll enjoy it

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

If Kid Icarus is actually free this Thursday in NA, I will thank Nintendo for the Birthday present.

If not, I will still have a good Birthday...just no Kid Icarus.

And by the way, aren't the requirements for Kid Icarus to have registered two qualifying games between Nov. 1 and Jan, 31? Or is that just for UK's "Win a Mario based 3DS" Contest?

Terave

Terave said:

I couldn't really got into this game.. But now I can! Thanks Nintendo! :D

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

@5.mariofanatic128
Why are you not a member of Club Nintendo?
It's free. It has perks - obviously.
Go to it! ;)

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Here's hoping Kid Icarus comes here to the states soon. I'm very interested in seeing the new backgrounds.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Kid Icarus! Never finished it, so looking forward to it.

Trip Woods looks promising too.

TikiTong

TikiTong said:

I need Kid Icarus to finish my 3D Classics collection!!!!!! And to actually play it for the first time.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

@Winter (13.): What SanderEvers (18.) said. It's also not too late to learn proper reading. cough. last paragraph of the news article . cough. :P
@kyuubikid213 (15.): Requirements are the same for KI and the 3DS competition.

zeeroid

zeeroid said:

It angers me tremendously that NA seems to be getting left out from the Kid Icarus (and special edition 3DS) promo. Sigh.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Anyone know if the 3D in Kid Icarus is good like the Urban Champions 3D, or is it lazily done (my opinion) like the Kirby one?

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Another free game for me 3DS. Sweeet!! Dunno what Nintendo are smoking at the moment but I like it!! :D

Shworange

Shworange said:

I wish Nintendo of America would let us know of we can do this too! I have five games to register, but I want to wait just in case they decide to open the contest to us too!!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Well..Lucky you guys.
I don't care if we even get wii VC tomorrow. No Kid Icarus for north America this week=terrible week.

Matillion

Matillion said:

Would've gotten this for free if it weren't for stupid Club Nintendo restrictions.

Pillus

Pillus said:

I already had Ocarina of Time and Dead or Alive registered but appearantly it doesn't count :( Only Super Mario 3D Land which i registered today counts (it says I have to register one more of the selected titles)

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

@35 It only counts products registered after the 1st of November. For most people like myself this was Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart, but if not then you need another game before the end of January...

JJGenesis

JJGenesis said:

Another great freebie by nintendo. But do 3000 people really use club nintendo europe?

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

BRING THIS 2 AMERICA NINTENDO, DEAL AND GAME! If not then i will buy it anyway...

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I'm registering OOT 3D now then i'll get it soon, i'm using 3DS browser to post this here & put the pins I got from Christmas.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I was thinking about not buying Kid Icarus but I'm happy It's free for us Club Nintendo users! So awesome. Nintendo does marketing alot better then other company's, I swear. They MAKE you spend your money then they give you a bunch of free stuff because you bought it :3

I'll have to take a second look at that Trip World.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

I'm kinda glad Kid Icarus hasn't come out on the 3ds yet. Because I just bought it from the virtual console on the Wii a few weeks ago. That means I won't have to kick myself in the pants. :p

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

@19 (Mowzie) You need to log into your account at www.nintendo.co.uk, then click on the 'Club Nintendo' tab at the top, then at the top right hand side you will see a box telling you to enter your email address (for them to send the code to). Otherwise, you're gonna be waiting forever for your code. ;)