New Trailer for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Released

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Off-beat footage

The release of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy on 3DS isn't far away: in Japan. The rhythm game based on one of the most famous RPG series of all time is still only confirmed for the Land of the Rising Sun, with no indications from Square Enix that it intends to release the title elsewhere.

Fans of the series can only hope, and the newly released trailer does show some interesting footage of stage and character selection screens, as well as the all-important gameplay. The mixture of music styles and some retro-themed levels certainly look intriguing: would you be interested in buying this one?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

i am truly intrigued. if they do take the plunge and release it here, i do believe i'll pick it up day-one.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

I'll be buying this, for sure. Day one? Maybe not, but I reckon it's gonna be a buy once its price reaches £15 (though 3ds games seem to be going slower than I'd like at price dropping)

sgotsch

sgotsch said:

Looks really interesting. Would be awesome if I'd know the music, only played 2-3 FF Games.

AVahne

AVahne said:

This looks exactly like the older trailer from a month or two ago.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Uhhhh... well, it's certainly a concept for a rhythm game, but... hmmm... I was kind of hoping for a game where all the FF characters somehow got together for some uber-anniversary RPG. Still looks decent, though.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

like elite beat agents and the upcoming rhythm thief, it is a rhythm based game with a final fantasy theme thrown in.

loving the cutscenes. hope it gets a western here soon.

DanteSolablood

DanteSolablood said:

Woo, almost spoiled FF7 for me in that trailer! I'm almost at that cut scene & I'm sure Aerith is going to propose to Cloud! Hope they get married & live happily ever after. ;D

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

The game looks like fun, but I haven't played Final Fantasy so all the references would be lost on me.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

What is this running from right to left madness?

Also, the characters at the bottom kind of creep me out. [shudders]

Gameday

Gameday said:

wow this is a surprise and id pick it up cause i like different kinda games. Let alone am interested in FF series :) specially if it has some nice scenery and songs ;p

Wolfcoyote

Wolfcoyote said:

This looks rather intriguing; I'd pick it up when and if it becomes available in the West.

Azikira

Azikira said:

That looked really boring at first, but then things got really intense XD I like how it looks

Henmii

Henmii said:

Looks like a cool, musical hommage to the Final fantasy franchise! Quite a original idea! Could be a fun game!