New Pokémon Title Coming to Japan in March

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Who knew?

Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition is the latest Pokémon title due to arrive on DS, hitting Japanese stores on 17th March. Many of you may be asking, what on earth is Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition?

As detailed by Andriasang, and as the title suggests, this is a cross-over between the well known Pokémon franchise and Tecmo Koei's Nobunaga's Ambition series. The latter is likely to be unfamiliar to most gamers outside of Japan, though the game features quite a few common Pokémon traits, such as bonding with and developing the famous creatures. The main action appears to be based on strategic battle, with two sides of six Pokémon facing off in 17 different kingdoms.

Despite launch being only two months away, substantial details are scarce. It may be a Pokémon title, but we'd suggest that this is very unlikely to appear outside of Japan: if it did, however, would you be interested?

[via andriasang.com]

cfgk24

cfgk24 said:

Yep, definitely - if the Strategic battle system is good!
Nobunaga is featured in Samurai Warriors Chronicles. . . . . .

rjejr

rjejr said:

My kids would eat this up. All they play are Pokemon games, Japanese historical fighting games, and strategy games. I'm not sure who or what Nobunaga is but I'm fairly sure he's appeared in every game ever made, and violence ensues.

joevox316

joevox316 said:

"Who knew?" I knew actually. Read about it a few weeks ago but almost forgot until you mentioned it. I have never really liked Pokemon, even though I was about the right age to when the craze hit back in the 90s. But this actually seems interesting. I'd keep my eye on it just to see how it works out.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

Just a point on the 'who knew' tagline, it's made clear on Andriasang that this was announced in late December, with more details emerging today. It's safe to say, however, that it wasn't a major, worldwide announcement that grabbed headlines ;)

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Not a huge strategy game fan, but a game about Pokemon in a war setting? I'll give it a try.

Hejiru

Hejiru said:

What's with the haters? I thought this sounded awesome. Pokemon in Japanese war? Sounds cool. But I'm little worried it won't be localized.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Wow, and I thought when the worlds of Disney and FF came together for Kingdom Hearts was a bit strange........

JaxxRaxor

JaxxRaxor said:

It's extremely unlikely that this will see release outside of Japan. The main series of Pokemon games have been extremely popular in the USA and Europe but side games (as well as other media like the anime) have generally done poorly. A crossover with an obscure Japanese series guarantees that this won't see the light of day outside of Japan.

In terms of if I would buy it? I would have to try it first as I never played a strategy RPG and I would have to see how I like the play style before I committed to a purchase.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Even if it doesn't come out over here, since it's on DS I can import it and play on my 3DS.

SunnySnivy

SunnySnivy said:

I would definitely buy it. And if it doesn't get released here, I can still import since it's a DS title.

milojica

milojica said:

Crazy crossovers are fun! I will get one. If they don't release EU or USA version, there will be a fan translation for sure. Pokemon!

Mattiator

Mattiator said:

A Pokemon tactical title. I've been waiting for Nintendo to think of something like this for ages. Consider it a day 1 when and if it comes out in NA.

Swiket

Swiket said:

"Who knew?"

I have, ever since it was announced last month. Seriously, guys?

Noire

Noire said:

How can you not know what Noburger's Addition is?

Also, I would buy this, if it came out, and it should come out. Why do we have to get the crappy spin-offs and not a cool crossover like this? >__>

47drift

47drift said:

Really wish it was on the 3DS, but I'm sure it's going to be an incredible must-buy either way.

Adam

Adam said:

I'm more interested in this than any other upcoming Nintendo game that we've seen so far. I hope the unexpected happens and this comes out over here.

Bazly

Bazly said:

I absolutely would be interested. I love the idea of using Pokemon to battle in feudal Japan. It's exactly the serious twist the series needs.

Colors

Colors said:

damn, those pokemon look weird. Wait why do pokemon need clothes?
And why are they dressed like other pokemon?

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

Dead or Alive & Samurai Warriors are two of my favourite 3DS titles and have plenty of content and DLC so I hope this bodes well for a Tecmo Koei adn Pokemon group partnership.

Jave

Jave said:

In case anybody's interested, there's a Nobunaga's Ambition game on the SNES which is available on the Virtual Console.

Chuie

Chuie said:

am i the only one who thinks its dumb on 3ds to i want a orginal pkm game like ruby remake or xd sequel or a real good pkm game not rumble blast PKM MD PKM RANGER or this