Kingdom Hearts Anniversary Edition Unveiled

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Triple the fun

Not long ago we discovered that Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was being released as part of a rather attractive 3DS hardware bundle in Japan. During that announcement Square Enix also confirmed that there would be a 10th anniversary special edition release, though no details were given. The suspense is now over.

As reported by Andriasang, this set will also include copies of DS titles Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, which could prove to be irresistible to gamers new to the series. This edition will also include 12 post cards with cover art from the series as well as a 3DS protection cover.

Like the themed 3DS console this is currently only confirmed for Japan, though the title itself is on the way to North America and Europe in 2012. Would you be interested in paying extra for either the anniversary edition of the specially designed 3DS?

[via andriasang.com]

Related Games

ueI

ueI said:

No, because I already have both of those games. As you said, it's a great deal for those new to the series.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Kingdom Hearts has sucked beyond the first game. Not interested in the slightest.

RebeccaGunn

RebeccaGunn said:

I already own 358/2 days and Re:Coded which are fine titles, I'ld only double dip if it was a remake. It also lacks the GBA title "Chain of Memories" which would of been nice to have : (

efaulk84

efaulk84 said:

I hope the PS3 gets a re-release of Kingdom Hearts 1,2,and Chain of Memories complete with HD graphics. I just want to play the original game again.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

I would certainly buy the anniversary edition if given the chance. I've never played a KH game before and planned for Dream Drop Distance to be the first so this would prove to be an excellent value to me since I'm new to the series and also a big collector of things like this. Please give us this bundle Square!

Yasume

Yasume said:

Slightly interested. I have never played a KH game before. I bought a used copy of the first one for the PS2 2 years ago, but ended up selling it before trying it out. This anniversary edition could be a good opportunity to get into the series.

Mattiator

Mattiator said:

Depends on how much it costs. This will be my first KH game if it gets good reviews, I've been considering leaping into the series but average reviews of both 358/2 and re:coded have put me off until now.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@BattleToad I agree, the reason I've never got any KH games is because of the way the story is linked in all the games and I only own Nintendo consoles which don't have some of the earlier games on them and I wouldn't get some of the things in the games that are on Nintendo consoles without playing earlier entries in the series.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

this is a sad set. :(

we need an hd set for ps3/360/wii u
including birth by sleep all the way up to Coded. On 5 discs.
cut out all the unnecessary parts, make the games not so darn confusing and all over the place. all for 100US dollars and I'd buy it.

Kingdom hearts, while I love the concept, is just slowly killing itself with all these side games. A new gamer to Kingdom hearts would be so lost if he picked up a KH title released within the past 2 years.

just saying <.<

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Incredibly lame. Releasing a 10th anniversary bundle without the very game which is celebrating its 10th anniversary seems cheap & lazy. The KH 3DS console does look nice though. Bring out a hd collection for Wii U please, practise a bit of common sense please S-E.

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

I think I will get the anniversary edition.

I own both 1 and 2 but I have never played anyone of the ones on the nintendo systems. This will be hand way of owning them (except chains of memories). I hope they are a remake but if they are a port I wouldn't mind.

Reenie

Reenie said:

Bah! I have those. I want the other handheld versions that I do not already own, and are now hard to come by in my neck of the woods.
I would pay pretty decent $$$$$ to get the other ones.
(I also own the PS2 versions. But I would not mind a port of them. In fact, I want a handheld version of them.)

shredmeister

shredmeister said:

I haven't played any of the Kingdom Hearts games. I guess I really need to buy a used PS2 and fire up the old tube tv...which would be inexpensive. But I am a HUGE fan of the Disney characters created when Walt Disney, himself, was at the helm (rip). So yeah, I'm a fanboy. Send that special edition over here. But I would love to see a 3DS port of the first 2 games.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

@shredmeister
well if you want the whole story you'll need the following...
A ps2
with KH1, KH Re chain of memories, KH2
a PSP
with KH birth by sleep (the origin of the series)
you have a 3DS and if you get this bundle
KH 358/2 days, KH Re coded, KH dream drop distance.

in order I would play
KH BBS, KH1, KH Re Chain of memories, KH 358/2 days, KH2, KH re coded, then dream drop distance. that's in order.

and you will end up needing a vita... not gonna say why though its a secret to everybody ;)

loulou1984

loulou1984 said:

I think regardless of whether you have all the games or not we should still be offered the opportunity to buy the bundle, some of us are just as devoted as japanese fans and I don't see why they should be the only country offered the perks :) soooooo excited either way!!

Juhlian

Juhlian said:

Don't care about ds aniversary set. But would definatly buy a Aniversary release for the Wii