Trip World Visits Europe's 3DS Virtual Console on 5th January

Posted by James Newton

Sends postcard

Trippy Game Boy release Trip World is part of next week's Nintendo Download in Europe.

Sunsoft's second 3DS Virtual Console game after Game Boy Color outing Blaster Master: Enemy Below, Trip World is pretty graphically impressive for a Game Boy game, with a barmy plot about a stolen flower and an innocent hero who can transform. Probably best not to analyse the story too deeply.

Trip World is due in Europe on 5th January for £2.70/€3. The original was never released in North America so don't hold your breath on this one, but if it makes it over the sea we'll let you know.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Darn it, I really want this. It looks incredible. Why would you tell us not to hold our breath for a US release @James. You make me a sad panda. :( Give me some hope man!

Oregano

Oregano said:

I bought Blaster Master and was a bit disappointed. I'll wait for a review of this... I might enjoy it more though.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

It COULD get an import release...they've never said one way or another about that possibility for the 3DS VC. So yeah...here's hoping! Although since I've never played or even HEARD of it until now, I honestly won't be terribly disappointed if it doesn't.

accc

accc said:

This looks cool! I'd buy it in a second if it comes out in the US.

BJQ1972

BJQ1972 said:

There's every chance it will get a US release - it's already in English and there are no 50Hz considerations so why not?

Rockgamer

Rockgamer said:

This looks like a pretty interesting game. Since it got a European release I'll hold out hope that it might show up on the North American eShop (more than I would if was a Japan-only release, anyway).

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

This really looks great. Can't wait for the review.

PS: Just searched for the game on nintendo.de and wow. Ninty really seems to offer full screen videos now instead of the little thumbnails previously found. I never thought i'd see the day. :)

Late

Late said:

Seems like a nice and cheap game but it only has 5 stages :(
I'd buy it otherwise but I'd like to have a little bigger game so I can't beat it in 15 minutes.

Red-acteur

Red-acteur said:

@James , you are evil ! And not even French, so that's even more impressive !

Anyway, this game looks cool, might get it when the eShop cards will finally be available in France (they have it alright, but the stores can't activate them yet... :( )

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

@James: LOL! Well, you are doing a great job then my friend. :D

I'm glad that you folks in Europe are getting this game. I just hope that it comes to the US as well. It looks like a really interesting game and I would love the chance to play it.

Jazzem

Jazzem said:

Considering how rare/expensive the cartridge is, this is a steal at that price!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Should be easier to import games on the 3DS VC than on the Wii due to handheld games not being region locked.