Roll Up, Roll Up, It's the Dillon's Rolling Western Trailer

Posted by James Newton

Towering above all

Dillon's Rolling Western has one of the weirder set-ups of any 3DS download game: you're an armadillo in the Wild West who has to spin into enemies and build towers. It's odd, but as it's developed by Nintendo it's probably going to be pretty good.

We reported yesterday that Nintendo America put new 3D trailers in the eShop but we've got a 2D video for you below, showing a little bit more of what you can expect when Dillon's Rolling Western rolls into town in the first quarter of 2012.

Red-acteur

Red-acteur said:

Seeing the title screen and the date 2012 in it makes me feel old...

Anyway, this games looks amazing and definitely is in my Top 3 most anticipated games of 2012 !

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

The press release says this game is touch-based. Not that big of a deal to me, but I imagine some players will hate the idea.

Anyway, looking forward to this.

@karakoto
Now that I glanced through that preview, the game doesn't sound very lefty-friendly either.

jkgatling

jkgatling said:

articles title referencing the beatles... yea im that kinda guy who will name the reference just because the beatles are awesome

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

so many amazing looking games coming out for the 3DS next year :O but this one is looking to be one of my favorites! And Dillon would make an excellent new IP for Nintendo (hope to see him in the new Super smash brothers!)

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@13
If the final battle is with "Dark Dillon," then we KNOW Nintendo has a new franchise on it's hands. :D

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Wow I didn't know this was made by Nintendo! Nice looking spin on the tower defense genre. However this may only appeal to a certain fan base so it needs to be really good.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

I'm highly interested and it appears you collect power ups or something because you can see the different colours and spike formations, plus he does an underground attack now

Noire

Noire said:

This looks like a cool game, but as I am a Nintendo fan it is my duty to not buy it so that Nintendo goes back to making Mario and Zelda games I can complain about because they're not making enough new IPs.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

The Slime shaped rock reminds me of the moon from Majora's Mask. Really excited for this game though! Nintendo really packs their 3DSWare with content!

Blue_Cat

Blue_Cat said:

This game looks rather awesome, even though I have no idea what’s going on. I can’t wait to learn more about it, to decide whether I’m going to buy it or not.

But either way, more e-shop content is great. It doesn’t have a constant stream of titles coming out like DSiWare did/does, but that’s fine by me so long as the titles that do come out are worthwhile!

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

With Pushmo, Freakyforms, Rolling Western and Sakura Samurai the future of the eShop seems very bright. :)

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Looks good. But let me get this straight, it's a tower defense, but as well as towers you can fight the enemies yourself?!? That's sounds good. How much will it be?

DaBlobKips

DaBlobKips said:

It IS about time for a new IP, Nintendo. But has anyone noticed when he jumps (at 00:27) he kinda sounds like Link? Well, maybe it's just me.

Henmii

Henmii said:

It's not just you! Maybe that is because it is made by the Phantom hourglass/Spirit tracks team! It has the same cool Windwaker-style graphics!