New Kid Icarus: Uprising Trailer Shows Dark Pit

Posted by James Newton

He's here

Now we know that Kid Icarus: Uprising is due for release in March 2012, Nintendo has released a new trailer showing the game off.

The Sin and Punishment-style aerial sections still look superb, and the new ground-based bosses are formidable as ever. There's also an appearance from adversary Dark Pit, who's sure to be one of the main opponents in next year's game.

To round things off we also have 13 new screenshots in the gallery below.

Are you excited for Uprising?

Linky_97

Linky_97 said:

This is the trailer that was showed on the 3DS Conference but translatet to English!

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

If a Nintendo game doesn't have some Dark version of the protagonist, it's not a Nintendo game!

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

"Pit's going to teach you some new tricks, now play dead."
LOL, Pit's trying to sound like a baddonkey .

Rococoman

Rococoman said:

I just want this game to get finished so they can start on the new Smash Bros.

This game is beginning to look more and more like a mix of the Gamecube Starfox and Kingdom Hearts.

TWK

TWK said:

As already stated, it is the same trailer we were given at E3. The voice work seems rather weak in my opinion.

rafaelluik

rafaelluik said:

This game looks so good!
FTFY

I never played this series but the trailers aways get me wanting to play Uprising... I just wondered now if there aren't going to have exploration parts in the game. I'd like to know this.

matirishhh

matirishhh said:

All is perfect ...... but ..... please someone tell me that the Pit's voice will be different then this one...... Japenease would be so cool..... this sounds so cheesy and not very japaneasy...

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

What a day! Yet another incentive to go out and pre-order this game in full. I don't care if people complain about the voice-acting or ground levels; I would be surprised if this game doesn't get an 8 at least.

I'm very glad that they changed the logo too. It looks much better and more nostalgic now. Is it just me, or is Dark Pit's voice deeper than Pit's? I guess it'll remain to be seen if he's a henchman for Medusa or possibly a secondary villain working separately.

SunnySnivy

SunnySnivy said:

Amazing looking game.

I feel like I'm only getting this game for it's beautiful graphics. It's like I'm sinning in the world of Nintendo games.

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

Now we know why Nintendo left voice acting out of Skyward Sword: EVERYONE complains about it, no matter how decent it is.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@matirishh Why the heck would you want it to be in Japanese?! I like to actually understand what everyone is saying in my own language thank you very much.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

@21 just about to post the same thing.
This is basically being treated as a new IP for Nintendo as it's so far from the original and a bit of an experiment as a result, imo. So far, the message to Nintendo is pretty clear: we better not put voice acting in our other games. lol.

pixelman

pixelman said:

The voice acting works. It's cheesy and cartoony without being dumb and annoying. It sort of sounds like they got a different voice actor for Pit though... he sounds different than in the first trailer.

matirishhh

matirishhh said:

@Dark_TeeJay true but sometimes less is more. Take NARUTO for example - it is just a different anime when You watch it in English and in Japanese. I like Japanese and don't mind having subtitles.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

If a guy with wings is going to face a threat named "Dark Pit", I doubt it would be too hard to guess who would win. ;)

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

complaining about dubbed voice acting again i see

it's ok. It's like the got the best hollywood actors compared to what they did with Super Mario Sunshine or Metroid Other M at least. Have you forgotten what bad voice acting is like?

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

What the hell happened to Lady Palutina's voice?

Still looking forward to the game though. I'll probably take my complaint about the voice acting back when I hear more. Sorry, just not feeling peppy today.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Hmm, the video quality does not match the other trailers but I'm guessing that's just the video. The different voice actors kind of bug me but it might just be the computer I'm using, but they sound different.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I unequivacailly want voice acting in my video games, even Zelda - not Link though, I like my heroes silent - but that doesn't mean i want really crappy doesn't match the character voice acting. Plenty of video games have great voice acting, and plenty have crappy voice acting. And Japanese is almost always better, they put emotion into every word. Patrick Stewart also. That guy would make you want to rush out to the supermarket if he read your food shopping list.

Way back at E3 was this supposed to be a launch title, or was it just the first title they showed for it? I liked that video better, this one seems lame. Maybe it's just the atrocious voice acting.

Baga_Jr

Baga_Jr said:

It looks like it might be a really good game, but for some reason, they're going to scare off so many gamers because of that ridiculous voice acting.

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'm really excited for this game.
It was the title that I enjoyed playing most back at the Nintendo Connections Tour earlier this year, more than Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, so if it lives up to what I played back then it's going to be pretty good.

I wish everyone would stop complaining about the voice acting so much.
It's not some big movie, it's a video game... Last time I checked the most important thing about a video game is that the gameplay is fun, but I guess that's just me.

...It's not even that bad anyway. :P

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

@BenAV: Good point. I want to buy a video game, not a movie. The voice acting is cheesy, but it's not goofy. I remember an interview in which Sakurai bluntly said that Kid Icarus is goofy, but clearly this game will get serious in several points. I don't find anything funny about a bunch of demons invading the world to wipe out mankind.

Besides, compared to Nintendo's past efforts to have voice-acting, this sounds like something out of Hollywood. Last time I checked, the characters' voice actors are pretty experienced. But like I said, I want to buy a video game, not a movie. Gameplay matters more.

ianmage1

ianmage1 said:

I don't think any other videogame trailer will come close to the first trailer we saw of this game at E3 2010. I got emotional over that trailer...I guess I'm a nerd...

Stine

Stine said:

"What the hell happened to Lady Palutina's voice?
I wouldn't be complaining but her old voice was sooo good! Why change it? Was that someone else's voice?"

God, I know! D: I loved her old voice so much.

Karakato

Karakato said:

The cheezy voice acting is great IMO, its like watching an intentionally B movie where you just can't help but laugh at it. Really gives the game a non serious attitude. The main character himself was intended to be a more laid back goofy version of LInk.

Anyway, its the ground section controls I'm worried about. This game is a perfect candidate for the Frankenstick attachment and hopefully it does support it because I don't see any article that says it will. I'll get getting the game none the less, those arial sections look great, especially in 3D

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

The game looks amazing, but it works as a living proof of why Nintendo shouldn't include voice acting in Zelda.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

@33 It pretty much defeats the purpose of having better emotion in their voices when you can't understand how the emotions relate to the specific words in the script.

So now we have Dark Pit in addition to Wario, Waluigi, Shadow Link, Dark Samus / SA-X, Star Wolf, and Metaknight. Does every major Nintendo protagonist need an evil clone or clone-like rival? What's next, Dark Kong and Team Plasma's Emolga?

Contrary

Contrary said:

@46, not to mention Shadow the Hedgehog if you count wanna-be nintendo characters that is.

BenAV

BenAV said:

@43 As far as I know it doesn't support the Circle Pad Pro, but when I played it at the Nintendo Connections Tour the controls were nicer than i expected so I wouldn't worry too much.
I'm sure it'll be easy to get used to after a couple of hours at the most.

MrMagpie

MrMagpie said:

Oh god the dialogue is terrible. The voices are OK...it's just what they are saying...

NintenHero

NintenHero said:

Waah, looks awesome. And yeah the voice acting ain all that but let's focus on game play, i'm sure it won't be that annoyin' lol.

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

I really wish I could watch videos at work...
This game is probably the one I'm looking most forward to for the 3DS right now that isn't out yet...then again there's still Luigi's Mansion 2...and Paper Mario is always pretty good...
I think I'm just glad they are finally making a Kid Icarus game again. Been looking forward to it since SSB Brawl.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

looks great. as for pit's voice, at least it's nothing like in captain N, the cartoon where he said 'icus' at the end of each sentence.

i don't really care about the voice-acting in this game. as long as it plays great, which it will hopefully that's all that matters.