NES Bit Magazine Powers Up with Issue Two

Posted by James Newton

8 bits of glory

In September we reported on the first issue of NES-Bit magazine; originally intended as a one-off, it performed well enough for editor Lorfarius to start work on issue two.

Available as a PDF at first before getting a print release, the next issue covers a range of topics, with a special feature on the much-loved Castlevania series as well as articles on religion in NES games, a look at Japanese imports and more.

It should be noted the text in the sidebar on the cover's left is placeholder only, before you get excited about a Zelda IV article that'll never happen.

You can stay up to date with it over at the NES-Bit forum.

[via nes-bit.com]

SLiM

SLiM said:

I like the idea. The cover makes you think you have traveled back in time :P

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

i wonder how many people get the caption joke, and if anyona is actualy old enough to remember where it originated from.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

As efficient as the internet is for getting information to people, there is still a place in my heart for print gaming mags. I have really fond memories of my childhood, going to the grocery store with my mom, and browsing the Gamepro's, EGMs and (my personal favorite) Gamefans in the magazine isle. There's a certain charm that the internet just doesn't have. I say good for these retro mags for trying to keep those good times from being forgotten entirely.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

@my_point_is i got the caption all right. haha, very funny too! :-)

i'll definitely have a look at this, especially as the N.E.S is my all-time fav console.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Nice, might have to order a physical copy of the 2nd issue since I missed out on the first copy. Good reminder to download the first one.