Join Our Mario Kart 7 Communities for Festive Fun!

Posted by James Newton

Show us some skill

If you're one of the many thousands unwrapping a 3DS console and/or Mario Kart 7, you probably want to try out its really rather good online modes.

We've put together not one, not two, but three official Nintendo Life racing communities for you to take part in. Here's how to get involved:

• Load up Mario Kart 7
  • Install the Mario Kart Channel — this is your best way to keep up to date with MK goings-on
  • Head over to Online Multiplayer
  • Select Communities, then Join
  • Click Enter Code and enter these delightful digits:

150cc — All Items — 00-2104-5343-9763

150cc — Bob-ombs Only — 52-6562-9908-9924

150cc — No Items — 04-0673-3404-8527

You might even run into the odd Nintendo Life staff member online!

Happy racing and Merry Christmas from everyone at Nintendo Life.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Wish I got a 3DS for my xmas present, but given I have so many other games systems maybe not getting one isn't such a bad idea. Darn you JRPGs in my backlog!

C-195

C-195 said:

I've been trying to play with you guys all day, no one showed up. :(

3DS

3DS said:

I'll Join later Guys :) Just going to get ready for the day ahead!

blueboi87

blueboi87 said:

Merry Christmas everyone :) Been lurking for ages and registered just for this post! I'll join you all for a race sometime soon.

MentheLapin

MentheLapin said:

I've got it saved, but I probably won't do any racing until I've done more single player practice.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

The odd staff? You mean like theblackdragon, whom I keep beating over and over again >:3

link_hn

link_hn said:

do u got any game schedule? everytime i try i cant find anyone playing T_T
im m7 hungry for community gameplay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrkuribo

mrkuribo said:

Have to add these later :). I actually have plenty of different communities from different sites but there's no players so I just end up racing in worldwide. Hopefully these will be more alive...

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@brandonbwii: tap the 'mario kart channel' banner at the bottom of the main MK7 menu. it'll tell you it has to install data onto the SD card or whatever. :3

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Huh, the server is blocking others too then. Wow the difficultly spikes after 100cc, I was getting all 3 star ranks but the 150cc are proving too hard. Also I'm also Aqueous online.

edit: working now

How would we know we were playing staff?

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Sadly I have to wait 1 to 2 weeks for my 3ds to arrive because "Santa" ordered it at the last minute... But then I will join this community :)

Tigus

Tigus said:

Im in played with 2 dudes one of which was really good look forward to more racing today Merry Christmas!

PvtMatata

PvtMatata said:

Got this for christmas and joined right away, by the way im Yamato if you see me.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I LOVE MARIO KART 7, but I think the server is down now... I'm kinda sad... Oh, and by the way, get ready to EAT MY DUST!!

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I got the game today. I'll join as soon as my 3DS recharges.

By the way, is there any chance of you guys creating a Nintendo Life 50cc community?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

PLEASE LISTEN UP! BASIC ETIQUETTE!

When joining a community, DON'T immediately start the raceespecially if people are sending the 'Let's wait for more players' message. Remember, the more people you're racing with, the more fun you'll have! It'll autostart on its own after a minute or two, so please have the courtesy to wait for others!

Also, anyone caught using either of the Wuhu glitches to get a cheap win in the Nintendo Life communities WILL be publicly named and shamed. No one wants to race with a cheater, so just enjoy the tracks for what they are — they're great when everyone plays fairly! :)

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

The all item one seems to be the only one with people on. Also if you see this it was an honour getting to race you Thomas Whitehead. Hope to race you guys all soon.

Edit: Join me for a race theblackdragon?

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

I've went on a couple of times but havent seen anybody on there. I'll try a bit more in the new year.

WreckItRyan

WreckItRyan said:

I was going to look for the old post concerning the Mario Kart 7 communities and then found this one as featured news... Christmas miracle!

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

All items, but I can change to what you prefer, join us there is 3 now
edit: it begins

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

What? I was in with three other people, on the second race and got knocked out..... Maybe it's our bad connection or my brothers on the new 360. I'll catch everyone another time, hopefully I'll have unlocked some more worth while parts.

Minny

Minny said:

I will start playing once I get my VR above 10,000 for the golden kart. Remember, racing in communities you do not gain VR, only World Wide.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Two of us are waiting in All Items at the moment. If anyone's looking for others - join us now. Before I die of boredom. D:

Reggie4Life

Reggie4Life said:

Will everyone please change the name of their Mii to their username, please? Also, can TBD please friend me and race me? You know where to find my FC! Thanks, everyone!

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

Hey! I'm new and gonna join, as I've been lurking for a while. While I've only just got the game and only beat/triple-starred the 50cc, so I hope I can at least provide a moderate challenge...

I also really need to get to a computer to upload my avatar.

AlbertoC

AlbertoC said:

OK, online now!

I'm Alberto, mii with glasses and green shirt. I think my name is fine, right? (Not my user name)

Mik

Mik said:

I just played chaps by the names of Punny, Aidan, Sam, Matt, et al. They were some good races!

JayceJa

JayceJa said:

joined up, but probably wont get around to much online till i 3 star the 150cc and mirror cups, and probably do a bit of timetrials too

Tate24

Tate24 said:

Well complete all cups but trying get 3 stars on 150cc and mirror is nightmare and still think blue spikey shell is waste of time! How does help last player ill never know? :-

Dodger

Dodger said:

Just joining now after getting the game with Christmas money. I want to try to complete all of the cups first though before I put much effort into the online mode.
(I'll show up as Chris since I don't feel like changing my name)

Shworange

Shworange said:

I'm having fun losing to you all in the online Mario kart! With more practice, hopefully I'll be able to win once in a while. ;). It's a heck of a good time. Also, after I joined the all items group, I got about forty new people in my street pass plaza. They all say "by invitation". Is this normal? It's cool regardless, but I was just curious. It's too bad that the "by invitation" folk aren't added to my streetpass world map.

Tate24

Tate24 said:

Yea i see this to! I wish could got some puzzle pieces off them or like you said added to quest 2 adventure! :-

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

just raced someone called master.i won all 4 races,had to be done with a name like that lol.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I'M LEAVING NINTENDO LIFE AND GOING TO NINTENDO AFTER LIFE IF I CRASH IN THE RACE!

JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa said:

@Aqueous: You think that's bad? I've never been able to connect to online matches because my brother has an Xbox 360 and iPod Touch that he always uses, and he as well as myself and both my parents have laptops. I also have an Xbox 360, and when I try to use mine, the internet acts up because my brother is already on and is hogging the bandwidth. He says I'm just trying to blame him. It stinks.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

does anyone wanna join my game wanna get a good game going
150 cc all items race

54 7436 5412 6010

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

do u know what pisses me off?
people who use the glitch on Wu Hu Island coz they are to unskilled to win a race with actual skill they have to cheat to win. The same people race on the other tracks and i kick there
I hope there 3DS breaks

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

to all the non cheaters who wanna play fair or as fair as can be when it comes to blues lol.
come join me 54 7436 5412 6010

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@PinkSpider: If these people are using the Wuhu glitches in the official NL communities, by all means, name them here! No one wants to race with a cheater, so knowing exactly who doesn't want to play fair gives us the option of bailing and looking for another group of people to play with.

X-145

X-145 said:

I can't join my community! I created one, pressed join and it tells me to select a message but I can't send it. How do I start a group?

BlueAce127

BlueAce127 said:

I've just joined the All-Items Community! Although it seems as though whenever I go on, nobody's playing! :(

BlueAce127

BlueAce127 said:

At what time do you guys usually go online? It's a rare occassion for me to catch somebody playing. And if I do catch somebody, there's only one or two people racing.

BTW, don't forget to join the NintendoShow3D community! Community Code: 26-8521-3553-5069

Stacko12

Stacko12 said:

I'm usually on from 3 - 5. I played with a Kriedler (Fun to play with) on No Items as he was the only one on.

32Melody

32Melody said:

Hello everyone, new member here, made an account just for this. :D Anyway I hope I'll be enough to give a challenge to those who are currently in All items 150cc. ;D I'm Melody, green shirt, brown glasses, Black longish hair. Hope to race people soon!

32Melody

32Melody said:

BlueAce127

BlueAce127 said:

@Stacko12 Hello there! :D Thanks for the reply and answering my question. :) I forgot to join the No Items Community, but I will defenitely join when I have time. I have another question though. (I hope you don't mind). Do you also play on the All Items Community?

Ranger75th

Ranger75th said:

New to the community, my name is Jake in game. Nice to meet you all. Currently waiting in all items group for people. Only two people on.

corbetn8r

corbetn8r said:

dude, waited in the lobby for fing ages and not a peep. does anyone still use these communities?